Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas Cookies!

I am unreasonably proud of myself...I let the girls make Christmas cookies. Doesn't sound like a big accomplishment, but it is something I dread since it makes SUCH a mess! I managed to avoid it last year, but I talked myself into this time. They were very happy! 

 

It ended up being a 3 part process, and that was actually a lot quicker than usual because I bought the bags of dough that you just have to add a few things to, so the dough took hardly any time at all. 

They spent a good hour and half rolling it out and cutting out shapes.


While they were cutting I was baking, but it still ended up taking over 2 hours to bake them all. We made 4 batches...enough to take to the neighbors and AWANA.  

After naptime it was time to frost!


 And don't forget the sprinkles! Peanut was most excited about those.

 




They frosted for over an hour and only got about half done. We had to clean up so we could eat dinner before AWANA, so the next day we dragged it all out again to finish up.


 Yes it was a huge mess! I got two dust pans full of cookie dough and sprinkles. Thankfully the wax paper deterred most of the frosting dried to the counter, although some did manage to escape.


But they had a great time and made some pretty cute (and yummy!) cookies. 


And they had a lot of fun so it was worth it!





1 comment: