The girls and I planned to leave the farm on Thursday to get back for Art class on Friday, but there was still some work to be done so we decided to keep our plan but bring Daddy back with us on Friday evening.
Besides finishing projects there was another big draw....Grandpa’s chickens arrived on Friday morning and the girls were dying to see them!
I think they were surprised when they saw how many there were.
I think there were 75 total.
Peanut was sure what to think of them at first. When she saw them she pointed and said, “Izzy!” I don’t know if that’s just her word for animal or if she thought they belonged to the dog or looked like the dog or what. :)
The girls wanted to pick one up right away, and after a few minutes A did too.
I don’t think she understood why they wouldn’t come to her. :)
So Daddy helped her out.
Boo and Bug fell in love with them and started naming each one they picked up. We had a Peep, Squeak, Chick, Banana, Squeakers, and some more I can’t remember.
Love Peanut’s face below.
She started to get so close she was going cross-eyed. :)
Love how all three are laughing at Grandpa.
Peanut wanted to give kisses.
She giggled after it touched her nose.
And this is her receiving kisses face.
She actually did a very good job petting them gently.
We had two more chick sessions before we left the next day. I think Bug could have stayed in there all day! She and Boo would pick one up, hold it for a few minutes, name it, and then put it back and get another one. They liked to hold them long enough that the chick would fall asleep. So cute. I took pictures with the girls in their Easter dresses. I’ll post those later. :)
These are adorable - how fun!! Chicks right near Easter. Can't wait to see the pictures of the girls in their Easter dresses!
ReplyDeleteI love A's kissing face! So sweet. I know several people who got chicks this year. I'm sure the boys would love them but too much work for me :)
ReplyDelete