Saturday, December 28, 2013

“Laugh With Me!”–Part 25

November 1st

When we were at the Capitol Tree festivities we walked past a bar.  K got all excited and said, “Look!  Let’s go THERE!  It’s called Michael’s and it says ‘Dine, Drink, and Dance’.  I want to dine!  And I want to drink!  And I REALLY want to dance!” (as she does a twirly spin).

November 1st

As we were leaving that night she pipes up from the back of the car.  “Since it’s SO late (7:00pm) should we go to a hotel?  I just saw one.

December 5th

While on Noni’s birthday trip we found a really fun toy store.  “I want this toy!” She pointed excitedly.  Then hopping up and down, “No this one!  No this WHOLE set!  NO I want to OWN this whole store!”

December 16th

Sometimes we just have to say to her, “SPIT IT OUT!” This is especially prevalent when she wants to tell us something while simultaneously distracted by the TV or computer.  This conversation literally occurred, while she was watching a clip on PBS kids…no stretching of the details AT ALL:

K: Mom?

Me: Yes?

K: Uh, Mom?

Me: Yes?

K: See this…I mean see this right here?

Me: What?

K: This tooth right here?

Me: Yes?

K: Mom?

Me: Yeeeeesss?

K: Do you see this right here?  This tooth right here on the outside?

Me: Yes, honey.

K: Well this tooth, on the outside here, this one.  See where I’m pointing.

Me: Honey I am looking right at you. (trying not to laugh at her)

K: Well, I mean these teeth right here (pointing to both upper canines).  They, uh, these ones on the outside.

Me: Yes, what about them? (turning red from suppressing the laughter)

K: These ones on the outside. 

Me: Yes? (laughing so hard I can hardly speak)

K: Well they are loose.

Me: That’s it? (wiping tears from my eyes)

K: Uh (looking at the computer)  Yes.

1 comment: