Saturday, May 11, 2013

Heat Wave

This has been the BEST week!  And that’s saying a lot considering I have a terrible cold and would have otherwise been miserable and dragging around the house, BUT, instead I’ve been productive, energetic, and just generally HAPPY! 

I LOVE warm weather, and while it’s not unusual to have a warm streak of a day or two in the 70’s in May, it’s unheard of to hit 80 and especially to have an entire week of 80’s! Check out this forecast for the past week! 

IMG_1464 We actually hit 86 one day!  That may not seem too exciting to you Southerners, but for me it’s been absolute heaven!  I heard that we were tied with Phoenix for the hottest spot in the country!

The girls and I have been enjoying every last drop of sunshine!  We pulled out the pool on Monday and have spent hours outside every day.  It’s been wonderful.

They’ve been playing so hard that on one morning they slept in till 8:30!  In the spirit of the week I told them to throw on their boots and we hopped in the car and went down to the bakery to pick out donuts. 

We took one up to Daddy at work since he’d had an early meeting and had been gone for several hours already.

Then we stopped at the park on the way home and they played to their hearts content!

IMG_1473

Our park has some pretty “old school” equipment, including these homemade teeter totters. :)

IMG_1474

Peanut got to try out the baby swing.  It was a big hit of course!

IMG_1475

The girls took turns pushing her.

IMG_1476

Bombs away!

IMG_1477

Bug’s turn!

IMG_1478

Whee!

IMG_1479

So fun!

IMG_1480

What a GREAT week! This is our last super warm day, but next week is supposed to be in the 70’s so while we might not be swimming we’ll still be enjoying these beautiful days God is giving us!

1 comment:

  1. The weather has been absolutely fabulous!! Those are some old school park toys..I played on many of them as a child!! Sounds like a very fun morning!

    ReplyDelete