We had a busy weekend! It was a work day at the Church and T was in charge of it so he spent almost all day Saturday up there fixing, and painting, and cleaning, and helping things look nicer. I was at home doing the same to the house in preparation for a BBQ for our small group friends.
Our “small” group has actually become quite large! We had almost 30 people there (half adults, half kids) and had several families missing!
It was such a great time catching up and seeing our good friends who are missionaries and are back on a short furlough. The kids had a blast playing and running and eating.
Buggy’s hamburger smile. :)
Love these people!
Then Sunday the girls woke up early at 7 so since we were already up we decided to go to the church’s Mother’s day breakfast. The girls made me sweet cards and T bought me two flats of flowers! So nice!
Then during church we had Peanut dedicated! We told Boo Bear that she was also dedicated on Mother’s day, and to “even things out” I wore the same dress that I wore at Buggy’s dedication. I think that helped Bug and Boo both feel like they had a special connection to Peanut’s dedication. :)
After church we came back to the house and had another BBQ with Grandma, Grandpa, Mama, Noni, and Papa. It was a great time. I got another sweet present from Noni…a “coupon” for her help on any project of my choosing. Perfect! And Grandma gave me some pink dianthus (something I’ve always wanted) for the front yard! Thank you!!!
4 Generations of strong-hearted, God-loving women! We are blessed!
After I fed Peanut, Noni and Papa took the girls so T and I could go out to dinner. We hadn’t had a date night in a long time! We actually didn’t end up going out to dinner, but it was still a great time. We had to get some stuff from Lowe’s and then ended up going to Home Depot too. That’s out idea of a date night, haha. :)
Our “dinner” was junk food! Mozzarella sticks and ice cream shakes from Sonic! It was actually really good. :)
What a wonderful, perfect Mother’s day! Motherhood is definitely full of ups and downs, but these sweet faces make it all worthwhile!
Happy Mother’s day to all the wonderful mother’s we know!!!
What special day! Love the photo of you and your girls.
ReplyDelete