It has been a long couple of weeks around our house! The girls both had colds two weeks ago, nothing major and it went away pretty quick, but last Tuesday they woke up with something all over again. We spent the week cooped up in the house, missing dance class, Awana, and having to reschedule a dinner with friends.
By Saturday night they still weren’t feeling great, but we really needed to go to a going-away party for some other friends so we finally got out of the house.
We were there for less than an hour, but as usual we managed to make an impression. :P There was a huge empty room so some of the kids started running around. I was holding Peanut and watching Boo play with some toy cars when Bug comes running up to me crying with blood streaming down her face. I couldn’t tell where she was hurt so I ran into the other room, practically tossed the baby at T and got Bug to the bathroom as quick as I could to see what was bleeding.
Turns out she collided, or as she was saying, “glided” into another little boy so hard she broke her glasses. He had a cut in the middle of his forehead from them and they punctured and scraped the area above her eye.
Thank goodness it wasn’t IN her eye though! Her eye swelled up enough that she couldn’t get it open all the way, but I was glad to see that once I cleaned up all the blood it wasn’t as bad as it looked.
Buggy just has a penchant for making things exciting. Like the first social event we went to when we first moved here. What a way to meet new people and join a community that to have your toddler need to go to the ER in the middle of a Christmas party??
Or what better way to celebrate your Daddy’s birthday than to break both your front teeth?
Or enjoy a vacation in a foreign country?
Yes, life with Buggy is definitely…exciting.
:P
Oh my! I'm glad it's not serious. I guess adding glasses to an accident prone girl is dangerous! Take care Buggy!! :)
ReplyDeleteI'd forgotten about when she broke her teeth. That sounded so awful!
ReplyDelete