Friday, November 9, 2012

Snow!

Oy!  Is there a full moon tonight??  There must be because my kids are turning into little werewolves! Haha. :P There must be some explanation because we are definitely having a grumpy day around here! 

But before I get into that…here’s my latest hobby…

snow

photo

It’s amazing what you can learn on YouTube!  Next up is a little Chick hat for Boo Bear!

Anyway, back to our day…last night it started snowing!  It actually wasn’t the first snow of the year, but it is the first snow that has stuck so we decided to follow through with our tradition of getting all snow-suited up and walking down to the bakery.

It definitely didn’t go as well as last year!  For some reason the girls have been whining and complaining since they woke up!  We thought they would be so excited to walk down to the Bakery like they were last year, but instead everything was wrong, from the way their snowsuits fit to their boots, and gloves.  They were too cold.  Their legs hurt from walking. 

Ugh.  We almost turned around mid-way and came home!  And we probably should have, but we wanted a donut. :)They pulled it together long enough to get there and pick out their donuts, but I gave up and carried Boo most of the way home.

They did at least enjoy the snow when they stopped complaining long enough. :P

snow1

Peanut was too buried to enjoy much of her first snow. :) She’s even been fussy today too!

snow2

Daddy went into work late so he could go with us.

snow3

Is there some innate knowledge of how to make a snowangel?  I know Boo can’t remember this from last year, but she laid down and started making one all by herself.

snow4

snow5

snow6

Bug pelted us with mini snowballs all the way there and back.

snow8

When we got home she said, “I made an elephant!”  It really does look like one!

snow9

They did enjoy their donuts, despite the threat of not being able to do it again next year because of the poor attitudes.

snow10

Maybe they just had low blood sugar.  They seemed to perk up once the frosting was consumed. :P

snow11

snow12

Even Peanut got in on the silly action. :)

snow13

*Sigh*  I’m glad everyday isn’t like today!  I guess everyone’s entitled to a bad mood once in a while…and with three girls we’d better figure out some strategies for overcoming them!

6 comments:

  1. What a great tradition! I LOVE the hats you made! I would seriously pay you to make a Lion hat for Rowen. I have been looking for one everywhere but have only found one for $40! That doesn't include shipping and handling! If you every have the extra time (haha- right!) let me know.

    Peanut is looking so much like the other girls! Mostly like S though! Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hats are great Rach!! I also learned mostly from youtube as well :) The girls are all looking so grown up. I can't wait to see you guys in December!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea. We love being able to walk to places too! Well as for the mood swings, good luck with that. I know you're quieter by nature but 3 girls isn't gonna be the quietest ha ha. The good news is they'll always have a best friend, one sister or another. THey are ADORABLE from snow gear to your newest creations. Love it all! What a fun time:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the hats! Are they crocheted? I wish I had time to do a little knitting. I even have the yarn for several projects, I just never get around to it. I love the picture of A all bundled up and her great smile at the end.
    And don't worry about having a bad day, we get lots of those too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hats! so cute-great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you have SNOW. We were sweating at the park yesterday!!

    I know what you mean about those days. They're rough - especially when they occur on a special treat kind of day.

    ReplyDelete