Operation Christmas Child always catches me by surprise! It seems to come so early since they have to get the boxes shipped in time for them to get to their destinations by Christmas. It’s a great way to kick off the holiday season though, and I love how it starts us thinking about others!
Our girls did great this year! Usually there is much of “I want that!” and “Can I get this?” and not so much of the “I want to get this for my little girl” but this year we had a talk beforehand and they actually stayed pretty focused on picking out stuff for their child and not wanting stuff for themselves.
We made a special night of it last week and went into town just to go to dinner and then Walmart. It was so funny as T and I realized, once again, that we are in such a different stage of life. By 7:45 we were both dragging, and started laughing at how exhausted we were. We noticed the same thing the other night when we had a goodbye get together for some of our friends. By 8:15 everyone started packing up their kids…and it was a late night! Haha, a far cry from our college days for sure! :)
Anyway, on Friday night we got everything out and started sorting and packing…
Candy!
Boo wanted to take a picture…
Here’s Boo explaining a little about her box.
On Saturday morning we went up to our church and packed more boxes with our friends. I think our church sent out 120+ this year! We pray they will make Christmas a little brighter for children around the world!
Very cool! We sometimes help my Mom with her boxes, but we've never done it. We totally need to, though!!
ReplyDelete