We started out our day yesterday with pumpkin pancakes! Actually they just
looked like pumpkins, but they had sweet potato puree in them…I have to sneak in
the vegetables wherever I can. :)
We did a little schoolwork and then got all dressed up!
“I’s a stwa-bewry!” I found Boo’s costume at the garage sales we went to in
June for $1! She loved it!
Bug’s costume I ordered online. I can’t believe how pretty and grown up she is
these days. All her baby-ness is totally gone and she is becoming a little
lady.
These three keep me on my toes, but I love them to pieces!
We went up to Daddy’s work to trick-or-treat and eat lunch.
After naps I stuffed some food in the girls and we headed out for a little
trick-or-treating. Since Halloween was on Wednesday this year we had to fit in
our trick-or-treating before 6. We left the house at 5 and then
trick-or-treated our way down to the church.
Rapunzel got to ride in the chariot. :)
Noni and Papa found us on their way to the church.
Then we met up with some friends and the four girls all went knocking on doors
together. It was so cute. :)
Buggy looks SO grown up in this picture!
We told them how to look for the porch lights and jack-o-lanterns. When they
spotted one Bug would yell, “They’re open!”
This is just another one of the benefits of small town living...good old fashioned Halloween fun! There were
hundreds of kids out trick-or-treating and it was a very fun, family-friendly
atmosphere, and since we were with a friend that has lived here her whole life
she knew all but two of the houses we went to!
More church friends! Boo and this little Supergirl were born six months apart.
Rapunzel turned into Sleeping Beauty about halfway through. :)
At one of the houses we didn’t know we found another set of friends inside
visiting. We got a picture with their little girl, the lion.
We had to pass a couple of houses in effort to make it to Awana on time. Noni
had some games for the kiddos to play.
Our Buggy is a grown-up Sparky now!
But just as silly as ever!
Peanut and I walked home and after she had her dinner we turned on the porch light. I didn't count, but we probably had over 100 trick-or-treaters! From about 6:30-7:30 there was a knock every few minutes!
Normally when the girls get home for Awana (8:15-8:30) it’s into jammies and straight to bed, but we had to complete the time-honored tradition of sorting the loot.
Boo Bear was ALL sugared up!
They actually fit into their Halloween jammies from last year!
It was a perfect Halloween! The only thing missing was we didn’t get to celebrate with Grandma! Happy Birthday Grandma! We love you!























No comments:
Post a Comment