I found these fun wall decorations in Target’s dollar isle.
I saw this idea on Pinterest…a $12 oil pan from Walmart. It’s magnetic so they can play with their letters. I need to find a spot for it on the wall. Right now it’s just leaning against the door.
I stole this from my closet when we did the remodel. It’s perfect for all our supplies.
The chalk wall. Currently home to Rapunzel. :)
Every morning when Peanut goes down for her nap we head out to the breezeway to do some schoolwork. It’s going really great so far…mostly due to the fact that I haven’t made Bug do anything she doesn’t want to do. My friend Rachel has mentioned this several times in her homeschooling posts and it’s working great for us.
We have lots of workbooks, mostly from Target and the Dollar Store. Bug’s favorite subject so far seems to be math…not my favorite by any stretch of the imagination. She is her father’s daughter!
Boo has been working on her cutting skills. I just draw lines (obviously not very straight ones) on a paper and let her go to town.
This is what the floor looks like most of the time.
The only official curriculum I’ve purchased is McRuffy’s Science for Kindergarten. Bug is loving it so far. I am too because it came with a teacher’s manual so I don’t have to do anything but follow the directions.
I made a “Journal Jar” with little prompts. So far she’s not too into it. She’s only agreed to do it twice, but I thought the two she did were cute. She hasn’t quite understood the concept of writing more than a word or two about it, but I guess we’ll work up to it.
This one says, “When I grow up I want to be a Mommy. Have a baby.” :)
The only downside to school so far is that it seems like as soon as we start really getting into it, it’s time to feed Peanut again. She is already to that point where she gets easily distracted by her sisters so I have to go feed her in her room. This really cuts into the school time, but maybe it’s for the best because the girls don’t have time to get bored. We go for 60-90 minutes in the morning and then Buggy and I do more in the afternoon when the little ones are sleeping.
Here she is trying out sugar water…sweet.
Salt water…salty.
Haha :) She also tried the lemon water…sour. Then she tried cocoa mixed with water, for bitter, and then mixed with sugar water to see how it would affect it.
It was a great hands on lesson. Today we are going to learn about hearing. I’d better get to it!


















Love it! It looks like you have a great schedule:). I try that too but my daughter doesn't sleep, ha. Well I'm glad they are liking school. I love the room set up and oil pan. Where did you get your magnetic letters? If you need ideas on writing, let me know:).
ReplyDeleteThat's great!
ReplyDeleteI've been doing a bad job with Science - maybe I need something, too. Although Ali would NEVER drink things that I tried to get her to drink for science. NEVER.
I also like the journal prompt idea. I'm not sure if Ali would do it either, but it's worth a try. Thanks!!