I have been wanting to buy the Rosetta Stone program for Spanish for years and years, but it is so expensive that it was never even an option. Then the other day Groupon had it for half off and even though it was still expensive we jumped at the chance to get it. It came pretty quickly and T got it set up for him, Bug, and I. We are loving it so far!
At first Bug was just guessing and getting a lot of problems wrong, but once I sat down with her and showed her how to think about the answer and look for clues in the choices, she’s doing really well! I also showed her how the number turns orange if you miss any and green if you don’t so, being the perfectionist that she is, she will go through her lesson and then go back and re-do the ones she missed so she can get a 100%. :) We’ve been doing one lesson a day as part of our “school” when Boo Bear and Peanut are down for naps.
T and I are just using the first Levels for review since we’ve had quite a bit of Spanish classes in both high school and college. Bug is doing great and catching on quickly. If we hadn’t had so much schooling already she’d probably surpass our knowledge quickly!
I love how simple the program is to use. She can do it completely by herself, but I usually sit with her to encourage her. She gets upset if she can’t do it right the first time. We’re working on that. :P Here’s a little video of her working on her pronunciation. There are different sections like vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, etc.
What a great program! Muy bien! :)
Que bien, K!!! Enseguida vas a poder visitarnos en Paraguay! :) Keep working hard, mi amor, it is WORTH IT!
ReplyDeleteAwesome job K! You sound great!
ReplyDeleteThis is great! I, too, love Rosetta Stone! I didn't even think about letting Anneka use ours for Russian... that may be helpful for her grammar. =)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! I have never heard of Rosetta Stone but now that I know its a good program, I'll look into it. I love her little personality at the end:). Great job mom/teacher:).
ReplyDeleteThat's great!! What a head start she'll have.
ReplyDelete