Are kids born with an innate ability to determine when parents have a possibility of sleeping in and when they don’t?? I am convinced they do. Last weekend the girls got up at 7:15 and 7:20 and even though they stayed upstairs until after 8:00, as per the rules of our household, they were not quiet by any stretch of the imagination. There was running across the floor (which sounds like a herd of elephants) loud talking and slamming of doors, but come Monday morning not a peep was heard until 8:30 and then they played quietly until I went and got them around 9:00. :P
I really can’t complain though. They have been so sweet since Peanut was born. They almost always stay upstairs and play quietly or read. Here’s a picture I took of them one day through the video monitor.
And the other morning they were quiet so long I finally went upstairs and found them like this.
Sweet, sweet girls. Now if only we can get them to do it on the weekends! :)
The boys did this to me last weekend. I wanted to "sleep in" so bad. I was still recovering from staying up late the weekend before. But instead they were up at 6 AM both days. Andrew says he has to wake Emery up most weekdays but those days I'm up at 445. :~
ReplyDelete