Thursday, October 4, 2012

Smiley Girl

Peanut is really starting to change!  My favorite of these changes is how smiley she is getting!  Before, she would give us a little smile every now and then, but we would really have to work for it.  Now when we come into view and say hi to her she will give us lots of smiles and get excited to see us.  It’s so sweet!

IMG_0545

I love watching the girls’ faces light up when she smiles at them!  Bug is so happy when she does it, and says, “Aww, she’s so cute!”

Boo gets SO excited, “Hers smiling at me! Hers wike me!”  We don’t have our pronouns down yet. :)

IMG_0546

She is starting to make some great expressions too.  So cute!

IMG_0547

She will focus on us and actually look us in the eye now.  Up until now it didn’t seem like she was able to quite get focused enough to look us directly in the eye.  It was like she was always looking just past us, but now she’ll give us the stare down. :)

IMG_0555

I hope she has as joyful a personality as her sisters.  They may drive me crazy with their overly excited, neverstopmoving craziness, but I love their joy for life.

IMG_0548

“Oooo, what have we here?”

IMG_0552

“Hers stick her tongue out! Hahahaha!” – Boo

IMG_0553

In the evening after the Bug and Boo go to bed and she is still up we like to just look at her.  We think she is beyond cute!  Which is very helpful to remember when she’s screaming in the middle of the night. :P 

“I’m awfully cute, but I’m going to keep you up tonight!”

IMG_0554

Haha :)  For some reason her sleep is very fickle.  She’ll sleep great two nights in a row, going six hours between feedings, and then the next night she’ll wake up every hour, crying just long enough to wake us up and then go back to sleep, or (heaven forbid) she’ll just refuse to go to sleep, like she did the other night, and scream angrily for over an hour!  She was fed, dry, and ready for bed and then just decided she wasn’t going to go to sleep.  We tried everything, and then she finally cried so long that it was only half an hour till her next feeding so I just fed her again and she finally went to sleep. 

It wouldn’t be as frustrating if it was consistent, but since we know that she can go 6 hours between feedings it’s hard when she reverts back to waking up so often.  Oh well, I know she’ll get it figured out one of these days. 

Good thing she’s got a smile that melts our hearts and totally makes up for it! :)

IMG_0545

2 comments:

  1. She looks so much like Boo did as a baby!! You're going to have the most adorable set of matching girls ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! I can't wait to pick her up!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete