Last week Buggy had another big milestone moment: Preschool graduation! I had to get a picture of her on the way out the door to her last day…
Her face has really changed and matured over the last 9 months! Here’s her 1st day picture.
I can also tell she’s done a lot of growing because I bought this blue flowered dress at the beginning of the year and it was so big she couldn’t wear it. It would fall off her shoulders. Now it fits perfectly up top and is actually getting a little short.
Here she is with her whole class. Four of them graduated and the other four will go back next year.
Miss J had a graduation celebration and BBQ on the last day. I think this was the first time Boo had been in the backyard there. She thought this preschool stuff is pretty fun!
Our big little graduate. :)
Bug got to hold the flag for us to say the Pledge of Allegiance.
Then they performed several songs and poems for us and each child said their name, address, and phone number which Miss J had helped them memorize. The poem that goes with this picture is: If I had a spoon as big as the sky, I’d scoop up the clouds as they passed me by. I’d take them inside for mother to cook and see if they tasted as good as they look. :)
They also did their ABC’s with the accompanying sign language and letter sounds for us. Then Miss J gave them a certificate and a sweet little scrapbook with pictures from their different activities throughout the year. She is such an awesome teacher!
She also provided a BBQ for all of us.
Bug had such a fun year. I’m so thankful that she got to experience this year of preschool. It has been so good for her and it’s also been good for Boo and I to have special time on our own three mornings a week. Miss J also does summer “playschool” so I signed them up to go to it twice a month. She said Boo would be welcome to come too since it’s less structured. I think they will have a lot of fun.
Here’s K with two of her girlfriends. Miss J calls them the Three Musketeers. :)
Bug and Miss J.
What a great year!
When we got home we had a small graduation/welcome to summer gift for the girls, just a new shovel and pail and some bubbles. I saw these bubbles in the store the other day and was so excited! They said squeeze bubbles on the front so I thought you would just flip the lid and squeeze the bottle and bubbles would come out the top. Alas, it was just the wand that would pop out and then you could blow so whenever they squeezed it (of course too hard) bubble stuff would come flowing up and down the sides. I was hoping it would be less messy but I think it was actually worse than the regular kind (you can see the mess on Boo’s coat). I definitely won’t be buying these again! Especially since they were $3 and used up in one sitting, but they enjoyed it and that’s what counts, right? :)
We also had our last bible study on Wednesday. Dance class is now over, and our last T-ball game is Thursday! I am SOOO looking forward to slowing down, taking it easy, and having an un-busy couple of months! Hooray for summer!!!!
Oh I love her dress and graduation cap. So sweet! I can't believe she is ready for school! What are your plans? She really is looking so grown up and she just gets prettier every year! What a cutie!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Bug! You are such a beautiful girl. I can't believe you are going to be in Kindergarten!?
ReplyDelete