Thursday, June 28, 2012

Workationing

Wow, I really thought our schedule would slow down with summer but we have been go-go-going!  We just got home today from being gone all week.  It was time for T's annual conference at the lake so on Sunday after church we packed up the car and headed down there.  We actually made the trip (both ways!) without anyone throwing up...an accomplishment for us! :)

Our first order of business when we got there was to head for the pool!  The water was warm and it was really nice to let the girls get some energy out!


They liked the hot tub too since it was "small like me!" (Boo)


There was a little fountain/splash pad area that they played in for a few minutes but the water coming out was freezing so it didn't last too long. 

I love how kids can find friends wherever they go. 



Ice cold shower!


We actually stayed across the road from the conference this time.  The hotel, even though huge, is booked solid for this conference.  The sponsers aren't even allowed to stay there so they can make room for the attendees, and there still isn't enough room.  If you don't go one year you lose your room and have to find another place.  That happened a few years ago with one of the members on the board so he has had to stay across the street at some condos.  He is getting older though and was having a hard time making the walk over several times a day and since he had a 3 bedroom condo by himself we switched with him so he could stay at the resort. 

It had it's pros and cons but it was SO nice that the girls had their own rooms and we had tons of space!  The main drawback was no beach access, which is usually what we spend 90% of our waking hours doing while there.  It wasn't bad though since the girls and I left early.  Here's a view of the pool at the condos. 


And our "room".  There was a smaller room with bunk beds where K stayed, and then there were two rooms with king sized beds and big bathrooms attatched.  Boo stayed in one, and T and I stayed in the other.  If we get this same place next year we will have to see if we can pay for a few extra days on our own and really have a vacation!  It would be fun to stay a while since there is a full kitchen, dining room, living room, and a washer/dryer.


Here was the view from our balcony.  There was a full sized 8 person patio set with a really nice BBQ.  If we stayed longer we'd be able to get some use out of that! The location was another drawback since the road traffic was pretty loud even with all the doors/windows closed, but overall we loved it and we hope we get to stay there again!


I wasn't feeling overly great (I think I overdid it a bit with VBS and then working on the porch) so the girls and I just hung out in the room on Monday morning, and then as soon as T got done with his morning meetings he took them to the park.  I asked him to get pictures in our measuring spot.  The girls have definitely grown since last year!


It's weird to think that next year we'll have another one to take a picture of in this spot!


He got some really cute pictures of them playing.




I need to blow this one up and frame it!  Very artistic. :)


Pile up!





Bug-our little model. :)



And lest, you think they are all sugar and spice....here's a picture of what they are like more often than not...complete with a snot string, courtesy of VBS last week. :P


Noni and Aunt Karen had been gone on a two-week missions trip and were getting back on Tuesday morning so the girls and I were only down there for about 36 hours before heading home so we could spend some time with Aunt Karen before she headed back to Texas.  T caught a ride home on Wednesday with one of his co-workers from his old job.

The girls and I stayed at Noni and Papa's for two nights and Karen had to be at the airport at 5:00 this morning.  Tuesday was miserably cold and rainy so it worked out well for us to leave.  We wouldn't have had anything to do but hang around the condo anyway.  We were happy to spend a little time with Aunt Karen before she had to go.  We miss you already Aunt Karen! I'll post some pictures of our time together in the next day or so. 


1 comment:

  1. I love their matching dresses!! That looks like so much fun every year! Glad y'all had room to spread out...

    (by the way - when I was driving home at 8pm last night, the car's thermometer said 104 degrees.)

    (wanna come visit again?)

    ReplyDelete