Wednesday, June 20, 2012

30 Weeks

I can't believe we're at 30 weeks already!  I don't feel like I look that big when I see a picture of myself, but I FEEL gigantic.  I keep bumping my stomach on stuff.  I feel like wherever I walk that my belly is the first thing to get there. It seems like it is sticking out there a mile. I am carrying a little higher this time around.


This pregnancy really has gone fast, and yet I have a feeling the next 10 weeks are going to go pretty slow.  I've started to get pretty uncomfortable, but it doesn't usually get bad until about 7 o'clock.  For some reason as soon as the clock strikes 7 I start to get very uncomfortable, and there is no way to sit or lay down that helps.  The only thing that helps is a lukewarm bath, so every night, the second the girls are in bed I take a bath for an hour or so. 

Thankfully I am still sleeping fine.  Well, I take that back, I wake up at least a half a dozen times at night, but I am almost always able to go right back to sleep (usually after a trip to the bathroom) and that makes all the difference.  I am also SO thankful that I am a stay at home mom with kids who still nap because I get a nap almost every single day.  Sometimes it is only 20 minutes, sometimes I fall asleep and wake up 2 hours later when one of them comes downstairs, but any amount of sleep really helps with the tiredness factor.

I am still craving fruit.  The latest is oranges and fresh pineapple, but strawberries are still high on my priority list.  A few days ago my friend brought us two containers of fresh picked strawberries that her parents had brought and the girls and I had them polished off in less than 12 hours.  Yum.  I have been cooking a little bit more...like a "real" meal two or three times a week, but the rest of the time we are still eating pizza, sandwiches, or breakfast.  I don't know if I mentioned that one before...for some reason at night (not in the morning) breakfast foods sounds really good so we have biscuits and gravy, waffles, or pancakes for dinner quite often these days.

I just saw the doctor today and he said everything looks great.  We are now done with monthly appointments and I now have to go in every two weeks.

I can tell that this baby is different from the girls already.  She is very active, just as they were, but she is more of a roller than a kicker.  Bug was a big kicker.  Lots of huge kicks, but t was never painful.  Boo was also a big kicker, but she was always hurting me!  It seemed like every kick was aimed toward my ribs or vital organs.  She made me double over at least every other day with her swift kicks to the kidneys.  This little girl is just a mover.  She rolls and twists and turns, but rarely jabs.  She will perform her tricks for several hours each evening and we like to watch her various limbs moving across my belly.

The girls are still as sweet as ever, and very helpful now that I am getting to the point where it is difficult to bend over and pick things up.  I've been working with them to have more responsiblity since I know it will be helpful once the baby is born.  Boo's main tasks are getting her pull up and pajamas on by herself.  She still needs a bit of help but she is getting better every day and hopefully by the time baby comes she will be self-sufficient in that area.  Bug can buckle herself in the car 90% of the time, which is our big goal since we will probably put her in the 3rd row seat once the baby comes (rather than squish all three of them in the middle seat).  She is also learning how to take my keys and unlock the front door when we get home which is very helpful since I am almost always carrying things. 

They are my good little helpers and they make sure we pray for baby every day.  They talk about her all the time and I can't wait for the day when we finally get to introduce them!  Less than 10 weeks until we can do that! 

5 comments:

  1. Can't believe you are already 30 weeks! You look wonderful. Sorry that you are feeling uncomfortable in the evening - that's no fun! So nice that you have such good helpers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic! I can't wait to meet this new little baby girl! Thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw your comment about Cooper's beach house! Yes, they will be renting it next summer and they would love it if your family rented it! I will ask how far in advance reservations can be made and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute! That's great that the girls are so helpful and involved. That last pic is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look awesome for a 3rd baby! So sweet how the siblings are, love it!

    ReplyDelete