Buggy has been reading so well lately! She’s been surprising even me, reading words like unconscious, thief, disguise, detectives, etc. (you can tell she likes mystery books). I figured I’d better get a video of her reading at this age. She’s not talking super clearly but if you turn up the sound you can pretty much hear it.
There really isn’t much she can’t read these days. She reads to us almost every night and it’s quite handy when Boo wants to be read a book and I am busy. I just ask Bug to read to her and they go sit on the couch and read together.
When we went to the Doctor the other day we had to wait for the elevator. She read the little sign, “Do Not Use Elevator” and then asked why. Daddy said, read the part above it…and she said, “In Case of Fire”. A lady next to us looked surprise and asked how old she was. When we said four I don’t think she believed us.
I’ve decided to keep her home from Kindergarten next year since we’ll have enough big changes going on in our house (with the new baby coming only days before school starts) but as you can see I’m not too worried about her getting behind. :)
I love it! Great job reading!!
ReplyDeleteKaren
What a smart girl and a smart Mama!
ReplyDeleteElora read early too and I think Ethan could but I haven't pushed it. Elora read so early she became bored with her normal school and so there was a year where she was able to read but not quite able to do the mechanical side of the next grade level(tracing, copying perfectly etc.) I'm not sure if that was just her or if it was because she read so early.. but that's kinda why I haven't pushed Ethan to read yet.
Wow! That is great. What a smart little girl. Good job mama!
ReplyDeleteThat's amazing!! I can't wait until Ali can read that fluidly. Congratulations - that's really fantastic.
ReplyDeleteDid you use any phonics programs to help her with harder words like unconscious, or did she just pick it up?