Somehow we are at 20 weeks today! I was keeping pretty good track of the weeks for a while, but it seemed to go from 17 to 20 overnight. This pregnancy has gone a LOT faster than the other two, so far. With Bug I was so excited about every little thing that it seemed to take forever, and with Boo I was so miserable, first with being sick and then with being super uncomfortable that it also seemed to take forever. This one is just breezing by! I figured I’d better get a first belly pic since I’m already at 20 weeks!
I definitely haven’t been as sick with this one, but what little sickness I have had seems to be lasting longer. The lay-on-the-couch every night queasiness went away around 15 weeks, replaced with a mild, but functioning queasiness until about 18 weeks. Now I feel pretty good but I lose my appetite every afternoon between 4-5. This doesn’t make for good dinner planning. We have pretty much been eating sandwiches or pizza for dinner…every night. If we have anything going (which is the case most evenings) I eat a small snack, feed the girls, and then force myself to eat something when we get home. I have made a ‘real’ dinner less than half a dozen times in the last month. T told me he’s lost 6 pounds! Haha :)
Once again I cannot do chicken. The only way I can eat it is if it’s already cooked and in something, aka: covered in sauce. T loves chicken, and is definitely missing it. I did break down and make his favorite chicken dish a few weeks ago when my mom and Grandma were here for dinner. The sight/smell of it made me so nauseous I had to leave the house! I went to the grocery store while everyone else ate. :P
I have been craving fruit this time around. Especially strawberries. And raspberries. Yum. I never buy raspberries because they are so expensive, but I just had to have them the other day. I paid four dollars for this tiny little container and ate them all in one sitting!
The other day I was totally craving pretzels and Sprite which was so funny because those are two things I normally DO NOT like. I only drink Sprite when I’m sick and I will very rarely eat pretzels. I pretty much have to be starving to attempt to eat pretzels. I’ve just never liked them, but the other day it sounded so good! T got some from the store and I ate pretzels for a snack all week.
Pizza is my other go-to. It almost always sounds good. Homemade, frozen, take and bake, delivery. I like it all!
The girls have been so sweet with this pregnancy. Bug especially has been taken with my growing stomach and she rubs it and talks to the baby all the time. She will often run to me before leaving for school and kiss my stomach and say bye to the baby. She also likes to bring me water or whatever she thinks I need at the moment. Sometimes she says, “It’s not for you, it’s for the baby.” Haha :) She is still REALLY wanting a baby sister. I hope she won’t be too disappointed if it’s a boy. We keep telling her God will give us exactly who we need for our family, but she’s pulling hard for another sister.
Boo also likes to rub my belly and will sometimes randomly stop and say, “You belly getting’ big Mama!” Haha :) If she bumps into me or pushes on my stomach when getting up she says, “I sq-ish baby?”
I started feeling baby kick around 16 weeks. It seemed to take longer since I felt Boo at 14 (Bug at 18). T has felt baby kicking, but it is so slight that the girls haven’t felt it yet. Although that is changing. Last night baby gave a really big kick and then started rolling around, so I think the girls will be able to feel it soon.
Our ultrasound is next Friday and we’ll be finding out what this baby is! Any guesses?? I have absolutely no idea. With both girls I was totally convinced they were boys, and with this one I thought it was a girl from the start…which made me think maybe it was a boy since I’ve been wrong both times before. :) But now I really don’t know.
It will be fun to find out what baby is! I never feel truly connected to the baby until I know. Before finding out it’s just “it” or “baby” and I don’t do much daydreaming about it, but once I know the gender I feel like I know the little person so much better and I daydream about what they will look like and what kind of personality they will have. Only one more week till I can do that! We can’t wait!
Yay for a belly pic! You look so darn cute! Tiny belly for 20 weeks :). I can't wait to hear what you are having. As I read what you wrote about feeling sick/queasy, it all came back to me- ugh! That was sooo hard. I remember it all too clearly but like you said it does go away and the next half of your pregnancy will bring new things. Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful! I can't wait to hear the news!
ReplyDeleteKaren
You look great! I've found with my third pregnancy that it's going by super fast. I think we're so busy with our other children that the time speeds by! And maybe we're a little more relaxed about the whole thing too since we've done it a couple times now. I'm at the point where I usually can't remember what week of gestation I'm at. When asked, I have to work hard at some mental math to figure out exactly where I am. I usually reply that I have two months to go!
ReplyDeletePS I'm hoping you have a boy but with Elora I had strong cravings for fruit. Three girls would be fun too, right?
I love this post! You're adorable and I like hearing all your funny cravings and guesses! I can't wait to find out what you're having either, so fun!
ReplyDeletePS Jared has cooked and grocery shopped for us since I've been pregnant . Cooking what's that?
Half way there! So exciting. You do look little for 20 weeks. I can't wait to see what you are having. I'm hoping it's a boys. (Don't tell K ;)
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing!! Congrats for being halfway there - and for it going faster this time!! I'm so happy that you feel better.
ReplyDelete