Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sunny Arizona

Ok, I’m done with my sick complaining posts…even though we’re still not recovered around here. :P One of the perks of our sick week was that I may have been here in body but I was definitely not always here in mind.  From Thursday through Sunday I was living vicariously through my husband.  For his brother’s 30th we sent the guys to opening day of the Mariner’s and they loved it.  They are both huge baseball fans.  I knew I wanted to do something fun like that for T’s 30th and I finally came up with Spring Training. 

We went to school in Phoenix, and I’m pretty sure part of the reason T chose the school was so he would be able to attend spring training for the Cactus League. :)  What better way to celebrate his 30th than to send him back for the first time since we graduated!  With all the hard work he’s done on this house for the past three years and everything he does around here he definitely deserved the guys weekend!  And he was sweet enough to keep me well updated throughout the trip.  I thought I’d share some of the pictures he sent me while he was down there.

This was the first one I got.  Claim Jumpers.  Yum.  I think we only went there one or two times since we were totally poor college students, but I remember it was delicious!

claim

The first game.  They got the good seats the first game, bleacher seats the second, and the outfield grass for the third.  I guess they wanted to mix it up a bit. :)

game

Here’s a pic of one of my favorite things about living in Phoenix…the year round gorgeous weather!  I remember going to the pool in January. So nice.  It’s hard to believe they have flowers this pretty when we are still getting snow!  Although I have to admit one of my favorite things about the Northwest is that we have four very distinct seasons.

flowers

Here’s a picture of the new pool at our alma mater.  T said they have totally redone almost everything and he hardly recognized it.  He said he almost got lost there are so many new buildings. 

pool

One of the nights he was there he was able to have dinner at the home of some of his good accounting buddies that he went through school with.  There was a group of them that always hung out and they got along really well so he had a great time catching up with them and meeting two of the couples first babies’.

Night game.  Nothing like a baseball game under the lights!

night

And this was one of the last pictures he sent.  Giant dog chillin in a jeep. :)

dog

The guys had a great time even though T came back sunburned. :)  He’s already talking about doing it again, but this time he wants us all to go with him.  We have so many great memories of college.  It was definitely a simple, carefree time of life when our biggest worry was which paper was due when and where we should go out to dinner on the weekend.  I wouldn’t trade our life for anything right now, but it’s fun to look back on that responsibility free time and remember all the good times we had. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment