Yesterday afternoon we noticed some eye goop gathering in the corner of Bug’s eyes. I wanted to deny it but every time we wiped it, the goop just came right back. It was the exact same thing we saw two Sundays ago with Boo’s eyes. I had thought for sure we were in the clear since it has been 11 days since Boo had started the antibiotic drops, but alas.
The bright side: it MUCH easier to reason with an almost five year old about the merit of eye drops and get them to be still and not scream their heads off while you put them in. AND an almost five year old knows to go wash their hands whenever they touch their eyes.
As for me, I am feeling fine I just can’t stop coughing which makes for a rough night for T and I. I was thinking last night that I should go sleep somewhere else so he could get some sleep, but there is literally no where to go in our house.
The bright side: …uh. T is totally recovered! Hopefully I will soon follow.
Some other highlights of our weekend. Grandma and Grandpa came out for a visit on Sunday. T got our new banister built! It turned out really well. I’ll post pics of it after I get it painted. Our old banister was very low…it hit about knee high on an adult…the perfect height to trip someone and make them go head first over it. :P Now it is a safe, up-to-code height. And it’s much prettier. :)
And another highlight of the weekend is that Noni came over all day Saturday to help us paint again and we got Bug’s room completely finished and the hallway and stairwell finished! We’re making some great paint progress! The picture above was taken halfway through painting the hallway. You can see the cheerful yellow color we chose. It turned out a little bright, but it is just such a fun color! It makes me feel happy just to look at it. It’s helping me look on the bright side. :)
Oh, and P.S. I forgot the best part of this round of pink eye...I have a washing machine! So hopefully we can prevent any more of us getting it! :)
I'm glad y'all are feeling better!!! I hope everyone is 100% by the end of the day.
ReplyDeleteIm so excited to see your house all finished! Maybe we could get together for dinner sometime after Florida. It's a good thing I decided not to come today because Emery started throwing up yesterday. BAH! It's never going to end. Come on spring!!!!
ReplyDelete