Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Top Ten

Okay, I am in a much better frame of mind today.  Mostly thanks to all your encouragement and a little technique my mom instilled in me as a child called “counting your blessings”. :)

So since I have way too many blessings to list I will just list the ones directly related to this house project.
I am so thankful…

1. that we were able to save up the money to do this major renovation and make our house the way we wanted!

2. that my husband and father-in-law are super-hero-construction-worker-jack-of-all-trades and can pretty much do anything!

3. that this summers’ project does not really affect our living space other than it being a little more crowded with stuff.

4. that my girls seem to view this all as normal and enjoy having the extra grandparent time.

5. that everyone in our little town is so encouraging and always stopping to tell us what a great job we are doing and how they can’t wait to see how it turns out.

6. that the people at the hardware store have gotten to know us so well that they are now giving us the contractor’s discount whenever we buy things there. (and when I went down to grab a few washers the other day they told me to go ahead and take them and tell T they were “on the house”)

7. that we have been able to get all our materials with very few problems.

8. that we have only had three rains since the end of July (and only one was big enough to get the water all the way into our downstairs).


9. that we are almost finished with three years worth of renovations and we are going to have an AMAZING house by the time this is all over.

and the top reason I am thankful today…

10. that our friend and Pastors (aka: the roofers) are here RIGHT NOW and hope to have the whole roof done by this weekend!

We’re almost there!

2 comments:

  1. ...and it is looking mighty good!
    I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!! I'm so glad progress is being made, and it will all be done and beautiful and things will be back in their places soon!!

    ReplyDelete