When I was little there was nothing more fun than a box! My mom used to get me refrigerator boxes to play in and I thought it was better than anything. Must be a universal kid thing because my girls love boxes too!
We had a big box that our patio set had been in and it was just sitting in the garage waiting to be turned into a fun playhouse.
Two weekends ago we when were pouring the concrete footings for the porch I needed something to keep the girls occupied while I helped the guys so I pulled out the box.
Cut a few windows and a door in it and they were pleased as punch to play happily while we worked.
I made them a picnic lunch and they ate inside their house. It was so cute when they held hands, without prompting, to pray before they started eating.
Pb&j and mandarin oranges. The lunch of champions. :)
They spent hours in that thing! It has now been dragged to the backyard and is a little warped after been hit by the sprinklers about twenty times but they are still getting some use out of it. :)
You can see that T put a “doorknob” on by screwing two wood plugs together.
Why buy fancy toys when you can give your kids a box?
Awesome!! When we had a box house last year, Chris also tie-wrapped a battery-powered lantern in it for lighting. Perhaps you'd consider indoor lighting for an upgrade?? :)
ReplyDelete