Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

(Okay, for some reason Blogger will not let me center the text. It's driving me crazy but I'm just going to have to go with it).
Once again we had a crazy busy weekend! After the VBS BBQ we came home for naps and as soon as the girls woke up again we were off and running. T had a golf tournament in town so the girls and I headed in by ourselves to a birthday party at a baseball game! He met us there a little later. K had a blast! The ballpark has a kiddie area with inflateables and batting cages. There was even chalk to draw on the sidewalks, which S took full advantage of. :)

Boo also took full advantage of all the fun ballpark snacks. :)

The kids had to wait in line but they were surprisingly patient. We left after the 7th inning stretch since it was already ten o'clock and our bedtime is usually a firm 8:30. They were running on fumes at that point and quite hyper. :) Thankfully Boo fell asleep pretty quickly but K stayed awake the whole way home.

After our late bedtime I was hoping K would sleep in a little but she was downstairs at eight o'clock on the dot. T and my dad were supposed to go golfing, but there was a closed tournament going on so we all did some garage sale-ing instead. Then at eleven K had another birthday party to go to! This was a fairy princess one, complete with her own sparkling tutu. :)

And she got to make her own fairy wand. After the party we all did some more garage sale-ing and took turns staying home while the girls napped. When the girls woke up T and I took them into town for dinner and a little shopping.

Sunday was just as busy with church and the Father's day BBQ there. Thankfully it was also youth Sunday so I didn't have to play the piano and was able to stay home and have breakfast with my favorite people. :) We let T open his present...a gift certificate for golf lessons! I got five lessons and the guy said that we could split them up so T could have 3 and I could have 2. T has been wanting me to golf with him but I am not very good so maybe this will help. :)

~

We are so blessed to have such a wonderful daddy! I am so thankful for him, as well as our Papa and Grandpa. Happy Father's Day to all you great dads out there! We hope you had a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy weekend! That last picture is precious!

    ReplyDelete