We just got back from a five day, four night stay in Rossland, BC! British Columbia that is...yep, we left the country again. It really does feel like you've gone somewhere exotic because things are so different up there. The languages, the accents, the signs, the metric system...it all combines to make you feel like you are somewhere quite exciting even though you can get there and back in a day. :)
~
The fun part about our vacation was that we went with two other families! Last March, at the Booster club auction the three baseball coaches families, which includes us, went together and bid on the 5 day, 4 night stay in a three story condo in Canada. It was SOOO nice. Four bedrooms, four baths (three with garden tubs and separate showers), a hot tub, two decks, gorgeous kitchen, fireplace, heated floors in all the bathrooms and the tile on the main floor, and a family room downstairs with a Wii (I had never played before, pretty fun!).
~
It was probably one of the nicest places I've ever been. Between the three families we had 6 adults, 1 teenager, and 6 kids (6 and under). K had the time of her life! She had a small meltdown when it was time to leave yesterday. She was just having so much fun with her friends she did not want to leave!
~
It probably would have ranked right up there with one of the best vacations ever if not for the dreaded flu bug. Our token teenager started feeling bad on Friday and by that night was quite sick, her mom got it in the night, the next day her dad wasn't feeling well, but he managed to keep upright, then the mom of the other family got it on Saturday night, on Sunday night I got it, and T got it on Monday morning. It was bad. Thankfully just a 24 hour thing and we are both feeling much better today, but it was a rough 24 hours.
~
One of the good things about group vacationing is extra parents though, and our sweet, sweet friends, stayed 5 hours later than they were planning to yesterday so that T and I could be sick in peace while they watched the girls. SO nice. I am very thankful for good friends.
~
So, I will get all my pictures organized and try to get them up tomorrow. I have to go clean my house because tonight is the first night of the "young marrieds small group" we are starting with some couples from our church. I'm very excited to get going.
~
I'll leave you with some pictures of K and her best bud.


What fun!! Vacationing with other families when you have little kids is the BEST!! I have trouble traveling any other way now that I've experienced it.
ReplyDelete..but TOTAL bummer on the flu- ick. That's' never fun.
And I hope your small group goes great tonight! I can't wait to hear all about it!!