Friday, June 4, 2010

Picnic By the Lake

It seems like it has been raining for weeks around here, but thankfully we had a nicer day yesterday! It wasn't exactly warm, but at least it wasn't wet! We met up with our good friends and walked to a really nice park by the lake. The girls headed straight for the playground when we got there.
Boo and Noni enjoying a little sunshine. :)

My mom and Jami's mom have been the best of friends for many years, so naturally Jami and I followed suit, and now our little girls are too! And Boo's friend will be born soon so she can have someone to play with too! Jami's mom packed us all a picnic lunch and we ate lunch in the warm sunshine. It was nice to be outside after having been cooped up the last few days.
~
Having some swing time.

And those are all the pictures I have b/c Bug hurt herself and I didn't get any pictures after that. I watched her slip and fall, hitting her mouth on the way to the ground but I was a good thirty feet away and couldn't do anything about it. It was the most she's ever bled. Yuck. As much as she hurts herself, she rarely bleeds, but she was fairly brave after a good bout of crying and wanted to get right back on the playground. Here's what the damage looked like this morning.

Other than that we had a wonderful day spending time with our good friends! Now we're back to the chilly rain. At least the farmers are happy! You can practically see the wheat inching up in the fields. But I'm hoping the sun comes out soon...I'm definitely ready for summer!


1 comment:

  1. Poor thing!! Isn't that the worst? I hope she feels better soon!!

    ReplyDelete