Monday, June 14, 2010

Crash, Bang, Boom

We went to a demolition derby on Saturday! I had never been to one before. I apparently didn't understand the point of it b/c when we were there I said something to the effect of, "So they just drive around and run into each other?" and I got some pretty good "DUH" looks. :) I didn't get a very good picture of it, but you get the idea.
It was actually pretty funny to watch b/c it wasn't monster trucks or whatever it usually is, it was combines! The people had them all painted up and it was like watching huge farm-bumper cars. The only problem was the heat. It was SO hot. I mean, for the Northwest, it was hot. :) Those of you from the South would probably laugh at us cold blooded people. :)
~
The other fun part was that the whole family (T's side) was able to come!
The babies did NOT enjoy it. It was hot, dusty, and noisy so they were pretty unhappy, but in all fairness it was, quite literally, the hottest day of their lives. They aren't in these pictures b/c we were taking turns holding them under the bleachers since it was the only shade.

Bug thought it was pretty cool. When they were smashing into each other I kept hearing her say, "CRASH! Bummer dude! Bam! Bang!" And, of course, she had lots of fun with her cousins.

We left after about 4 1/2 hours of watching it. It still wasn't over, but since it was dinner time and we all had a good-sized drive home we decided to head out. We went to a nearby park. The babies were thrilled to be laid down in the cool grass.

It was quite an experience, that's for sure! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! That sounds really fun, and quite hilarious to watch!!!

    ReplyDelete