We headed down to Grandma and Grandpa's for the long weekend! The newest little cousins got to spend some more time together.
Waylon got a haircut...well actually he got his 4th haircut! I'm so jealous! Do you know how many cute things I could do with Boo's hair if it was that long? We'd be in bow heaven. :) He looks really grown up with his new 'do!
Our girls in their matching jammies. Boo looks like she's contemplating some serious thoughts. :)
Waylon and Boo have similar jackets, so of course we had to get a picture in them. :)
On Sunday we went to Auntie Nae and Uncle Wade's church. Then we had a BBQ up at a remote cabin near the lake. We were going to go to the lake but it ended up being fairly cold and drizzly. Bug didn't mind! She had her "fends" and they made their own fun. This was the best thing...adults see a pile of mattresses, kids see an awesome slide/jungle gym!
Bug needed a little help so Uncle Wade and Auntie Nae were there to lend a hand.
Havin' a ball!
Whee!
While we there a humming bird flew in! He kept throwing himself against the window so T tried to guide him out with a broom but he wouldn't have any of it so T had to actually catch him and take him outside! I didn't get a great picture of it, but here he is showing it to Bug.
Grandpa and the babies
Bug has SO much fun at Grandma's. We went in the "swimming pool" aka: hot tub, made mud pies in the sandbox, played games, read books, explored Grandma's toy closet, and did all sorts of fun stuff...including splashing in the mud. ~
It rained all weekend and there were some big puddles on the front patio so I told her she could put on the rain boots Grandma bought her and go splash. After just a few splashes she said, "Can I go up to the shop?" I didn't really understand why but I said sure and followed her. She knew where the action was at! She led me all the way around the side of the shop to this...
You can't really tell from this picture, but she is a soppy, muddy mess!
You can't really tell from this picture, but she is a soppy, muddy mess!

After a quick bath we had lunch and then she had to take a nap before we went home. She slept so long that I had to wake her up so we could leave. When she woke up I told her it was time to go home and she said sadly, "Ohhh, I was gonna have some more fun!" She sure had a lot of that! We had a great, relaxing weekend, and I forgot that I had given myself a present and cleaned the house before we left on Friday so we walked in and I was very happy. :)
~
Thanks for the fun weekend everyone! Now I better go unpack...
You have to be amazingly fast to catch a hummingbird...I'm impressed!
ReplyDelete