Boo is 8 weeks old today! That is really hard to believe. Time is already flying by. We had her 2 month check up yesterday and she had to get three shots. :( She also got a live Rotovirus vaccine by mouth...we weren't so sure about that. Bug never had to have that one.
~
We are so torn about vaccines. (I didn't see your link until after we'd done it, Liv, and now I'm not sure I want to watch!). My father-in-law is very against vaccines so we've heard all the terrible things that can happen with them, but I've also read a lot of research for the other side of the argument too. This is one of the hardest things about being a parent - making these decisions that could affect your child's life when the answer is anything but clear.
~
We've talked so many times about not getting our girls vaccinated, but it seems like the alternative is even worse. These diseases ARE still out there and if everyone stops getting vaccinated we are going to start seeing them explode again. Anyway, you can probably tell we are still on the fence about it. I really wish there were another alternative, but for now we will just keep getting the shots when the doctor tells us to and pray we are making the right choice.
On a happier note: Boo is doing really well! She is growing quickly and they were very pleased with her progress. Her weight is 11 lbs. 9 oz. in the 75%, her length was 23 1/8 inches in the 80%, and her head circumference was in the 75% so she is doing great.
And in the doctor's office she rolled over for the FIRST time! When we put her on tummy time at home we prop her up with the boppy, but yesterday Daddy laid her down on the table so the doctor could see if she would hold up her head and she just flipped herself right over! Our jaws both dropped and the doctor smiled and said, "First time?" :)
Her next appointment isn't till June so it will be interesting to see if she keeps growing at this rate or levels out a bit. She's definitely a healthy girl! :)
I love this little outfit :)
ReplyDeleteThe link is just reading :) But I totally know how you feel. It's so hard to know what the right decision is. We all got vaccines and so far we are fine.
Hey Rachel,
ReplyDeleteI am glad you do your research about vaccines. We have chose to go the alternate route with them. It is scary to think what we are putting in our children. If you are uncomfortable with the AAP recommendations you can always make your own alternative schedule or follow Dr. Sears schedule. Have you read the Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears? It's a great source of information. Keith has only had 3 shots and I am still uncomfortable with them. I work with too many kids that have had issues with vaccines. I could go on forever but know that you are doing a good thing by questioning things.
That's great that she showed off for the doctor! Ali would never do the things she could ALREADY do, let alone new things, for the doctor!
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel about vaccines, and I know how controversial and opinionated people are about it - it's scary sometimes. At this point, I've decided to go with my doctor about it, because I trust her implicitly and she's had 8 years of education that I have not had. I know a lot of people think that's not good enough, but that's where I am at this point...
I know I may not be the most popular for saying it but having almost completed med school, I definitely think you made the right decision Rach. Hopefully I will also have a family of my own someday (fingers crossed!) and I won't hesitate to have them vaccinated. Miss you guys :) Small chance I might apply to a residency in Oregon, if so, I'll have to figure out how to visit you guys during my interview trip! (if they give me an interview)
ReplyDelete