Saturday, March 13, 2010

Simply Unpredictable

Toddlers are so unpredictable sometimes. Case in point: One of K's jobs is to feed Webster every day. We have Izzy's food in a bin, but we leave Webby's puppy food in the bag in the laundry room. I was nursing S the other day when this conversation took place...
K: "Webby need food Mommy."
Me: "Okay, go ahead and get him some."
She skips off to the kitchen to get his bowl.
A few minutes later she comes back.
K: "Mommy, I spilled."
Me: "Okay, well go pick it up and then put his bowl in the kitchen, please."
K: "Okay!"
She skips off again.
By this time I'm done feeding S. Assuming that K has things under control I go and change the baby's diaper. At this point T walks in the door, just getting back from baseball practice. He heads toward the kitchen. He's comes into the nursery a few minutes later.
T: "Have you been in the laundry room?"
Me: "No, why?"
T: "You better come see for yourself."
We walk into the kitchen and look through the door to find this...
"Mommy, I spilled" may have been an understatement.

She has performed this chore over a hundred times, but the unpredictability of living with a toddler decided to come to the fore today.

Thankfully Daddy helped her clean up the mess and I didn't have to deal with it. Oh the joys of parenting. :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL! The bag could have been off center and fallen over...maybe. Since I'm not her parent it's easier for me to give her the benefit of the doubt. :)

    ReplyDelete