Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Jamboree! - Part 3

 I found a set of stairs that let me get up high to take a few pictures. This one was them warming up.

 
And then the game started. 

 
Boo may only be 5'6 but she can jump! She had some great blocks!



 
And lots of great touches. 

 
And saves! 

 
Meanwhile Daddy and the little ones were having fun digging the trench for the electricity to the shop. They spent the first night at Noni's and then she brought them home and they wanted to help him outside. He sent me this picture during the game. :) 
 
 
And he also sent some videos of the girls getting to drive the tractor. They were so proud! I don't know why the first one is blurry, but you can see how much fun she's having!
 


Peanut got her moment to shine when one of the starters needed to come out for a minute. I was so happy that she got to play! Three of the other girls didn't get to play at all. 

 
Sisters! 30 and 16

 
She had a couple great touches! 

 
It was so fun to see them playing together!! 

 
Volleyball isn't Peanut's favorite but I hope she grows to love it because she has a real natural talent for it. Her coaches all really want her to keep playing and working on her skills! 

 
She only got to play for about five minutes but she made the most of it! Way to go Peanut! 

 
Boo came back to the line to serve and said to me, "I'm going to get an ace!" 

 
And then she did and turned around and was super hyped, "I told you! I said I was going to get an ace!" Haha!

 
They didn't win their last two games but they did a great job playing as a team! It is so great to see all the improvements they have made and I can't wait for a great season! 

 
We are thankful for their amazing coaches and great teammates! 

 
I was trying to get a picture of the two of them all day and this is all they would give me at the end of the long day. :P 

 
Daddy and the girls made a picnic and watched How It's Made. 

 
And after 9 hours of volleyball we headed to Applebees! 

 
After dinner we headed back to the house and the girls all wanted to paint their nails. Peanut had brought all our gel nail stuff. 

 
They did this for hours! 

 
And then spent a long time hanging out talking in the living room. 

 
I finally put in ear plugs and went to bed at midnight. I'm not sure how late they stayed up. :P 
 
The next morning I made breakfast sandwiches and everyone ate before we packed up to leave. 

 
They begged us to stop at Starbucks on the way out. Boo got a chai tea. I tried a matcha since I've always wondered about them. A lot of people say it tastes like grass. And they weren't wrong, haha. I actually thought it tasted exactly the way that fresh cut hay smells. It wasn't horrible...I drank the whole thing, but I definitely wouldn't get it again! :P  

 
The girls wanted an aesthetic pic on the way out. :) 

 
Such a fun group of girls! I'm so glad we had that weekend together! It was a great start to their season and a new school year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment