Noni and I got to go to Texas! We snuck down for a quick trip...just four days. I thought the little girls might have a heart attack if I tried to go for any longer than that, haha. They were definitely NOT happy that I was leaving them and didn't understand why they couldn't go too. I had told them about it briefly at the beginning of the summer and then I made sure not to mention it again until the day before I left because I knew it would be a big problem.
Peaches pestered me with dozens of questions that day and Lou just walked around looking sad and abandoned. Bedtime was really rough but I finally got them down and once they were asleep I headed to Noni and Papa's to spend the night so Papa could take us to the airport at 5:30 the next morning. (thank you Papa!!) It was hard to leave when the girls were so upset about it, but all the big emotions were worth it when we landed and within an hour were holding the most precious baby boy in the whole world!!!
Of course we went to see Aunt K, Uncle S, and Aunt J too, but baby S was the main event! We have prayed a thousand prayers for this sweet boy and I knew I could not let a year pass before I got to meet him! He was born at 33 weeks, back in June, so even though we saw him at two months old he still felt like a newborn!
Is there anything in the world more precious than a new baby?! Look at that little button nose and those tiny fingers and toes!!!

We got to spend the next three days holding him, feeding him, and taking turns loving on him. So so precious.
He was already hamming it up for the camera. Haha!
Big yawns!
Look at this funny guy!
I just love him!!!
He had a doctor's appointment the first day we were there and weighed in at 8 pounds 1 ounce so it was no wonder he felt so much like a newborn to me because two of my babies were born at 8'1 and two at 8'3. Peanut was the only one under 8 pounds since she was 10 days early.
We were able to tear ourselves away from him long enough to enjoy their beautiful pool for a while! I think it was 103-106 the days were there but it felt so good to me! I know I'm in the minority but I love the heat!
I love taking newborn pictures so S and J let me take a bunch of him over the course of our stay. We were really glad we took this one because after almost two decades with their sweet fur baby P she passed away just a week after we left. :( :( :( She has been in poor health for a while and they've been caring for her so faithfully, giving her multiple medications every night for almost a year even through months-long hospital stays and all the chaos of having a newborn in the NICU. She was so very loved and will be dearly missed. :'(
More pictures of our stay tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment