Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Jamboree! - Part 2

I didn't get a picture of the girls on the way to the gym but Coach J did of her car where Boo was. 
 
Ready to play! 
 
 
 
We got a first grade classroom to hang out in for the day. It was decorated so cute! 
 
 
I'm really looking forward to Peanut playing this year! She is a floater so she mostly plays JV but can step into Varsity when she needs to. 
 
 
They warmed up for a while before the first game.  
 
 
One of the teams had to drop out of the tournament so the JV of the home team stepped up to play and were our first match. 

 
I love watching this girl play! 

 
They won the first set which was a great way to start off the season!
 
 
 
So happy! 

 
I think Peanut got a little bored sitting on the bench the whole time, but she said she did okay. 

 
The girls did so well with their serving! SO much better than they used to be!  

 
And they won the second set!  
 
 
It was a great morale boost! 


 Our next game was against the team that normally blows everyone away and wins every game and tournament.  

 
But our girls must have been riding high from their win because they gave them a run for their money! 

 
Boo had some great saves! 

 
Since it was a jamboree it was first person to 25 (they didn't have to win by 2) and we beat them!!! The girls were SO excited!

 
Whoo hooo!!! 
 
They lost the second set, but they were super happy to have won one against that tough team and I think it really helped their confidence! 
 
This is N's sister and one of Peanut's besties. They do like we do and homeschool the younger kids so this is K's first year and Peanut is so happy to have her in her class!

 
The girls had to work the next game and Boo did the books. 

 
They grabbed some lunch (which we had packed at the Airbnb and brought in the cooler) and then it was on to more games.  

 
I was so impressed with how well they are doing this year!  

 
The Coaches have done a fabulous job growing the program these last few years! 

 
They lost the next set, but they played hard and were very competitive!


 I think spending the whole weekend together really helped with the team bonding. 
 
 
Last of the pictures tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment