Monday, November 24, 2025

Volleyball Tournament!

 Boo's volleyball tournament started on Halloween morning. Thankfully Noni was able to keep the little ones so I could help out. As a Co-Captain Boo always has to go meet with the coaches, refs, and other team captains. 

 

 
I got a quick lesson in how to run the scoreboard and had a different view of the game. This was during the starting lineup. 
 
 
 
We had just played this team three days before and this picture is from that. Boo's vertical has improved throughout the season! 
 
  But back to the tournament...they came into it in spot number 8 (out of 8) and had to play the number 1 team. I always think that is weird that they do that in tournaments...I guess just to move things along and get rid of the lowest team right away? 
 
Anyway, the girls really stepped it up and made the #1 team work for their win! Our girls played great and held them off much better than the game a few days before.

 
The girls have gotten so much better at calling the ball and working together this year. 

 
Boo got some great digs, and three solid blocks. She also got two great kills! 


 
I was very impressed with how well they did! They did not look like the number 8 team! 

 
It was hard to take pictures while running the scoreboard but I snuck in a few. :) I only messed up one time between sets when I forgot to start the three minute clock, but I got it back on track. :P

They played again at 3:30 at a different location...that was the game that I missed for trick-or-treating. Noni went and then brought her home. They lost that one as well so they played the next morning at 8:30. We were ready for the final game of the season! 

 
The "losers bracket" was best 2 out of 3 instead of 3 out of 5. They played awesome and won both sets!

 
Whoo hooo! 7th place! I think this is the first time they haven't placed 8th in the tournament...possibly ever! Our school is so small that it really isn't a fair competition. All the other schools are so much bigger and have a MUCH larger pool of students to pull from. Our team actually only has 3 girls that go to the school. The rest are all homeschoolers. 

 
I am so proud of these girls and how hard they worked this season!! They have improved SO MUCH and are so fun to watch! 
 
 
 Way to go girls!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment