I can't believe our baby is seven! Her birthdays hit me harder since she is the last one. :'( I wish I could just pause her at this age, but at the same time it is fun to watch her grow into a big girl!
Lou's biggest change this year was starting "real" school! We were so happy to learn that she got Peaches' 1st grade teacher Mrs. C who we know and love! Lou is doing a fabulous job with her classes and other than needing to redirect her and keep her on task frequently she is doing wonderfully and for the most part stays focused on the task at hand. She says Math and Art are her favorites.
AWANA is going great again this year and she is happy in the 1st grade class although it is a little chaotic since it is the largest class. They average ten kids so sometimes she doesn't get to say her verse because the teacher is too busy. Peanut helps in her class as well. Lou is doing great and will definitely complete her book this year at her current pace.
She played soccer again last Spring and loved it! She is so naturally athletic and is very spatially aware of herself and things around her. It's fun to watch her and I think it will get even better as she gets bigger. Her current obsession is gymnastics and she practices every day. I had told them that unless they were willing to practice and put some time in we weren't going to do it again. It's much more expensive than dance so for them to not practice is not worth it. I told them when they can do a back walkover they can start up again and she is very close! Maybe after Christmas we'll be able to try it again.
Piano is also going great and she practices her songs every day. It is so fun to watch her skills growing. I know she will play just as beautifully as her big sisters when she gets to be their age!
Lou and Peaches are still two little peas in a pod and play together all day every day. They squabble now and then, but for the most part they are the best of friends and giggle and laugh their way through each day. When one of them is gone the other is at loose ends. I love their special bond and pray they are always this close!
Lou is our little love bug and the one who is always giving hugs and snuggles to everyone in the family. She is so sweet and loves her role as the baby of the family. :} She loves being carried and has probably been carried more than all her sisters put together because there was no baby sister to split the carry time with. At this age everyone but Peaches had TWO little sisters! Lately when I pick her up I notice she is getting heavy, but any time I say something she says, "No! I don't want to get heavy! I want you carry me forever!" Sometimes she milks being the youngest to get what she wants, but for the most part she is just sweet and silly...so silly! She is always making us laugh!
Here is her birthday interview:
20. What do you want for your birthday dinner? hot dogs
We had to include this year...you're going from how old to how old? So that she could do 6-7 which she loves and does quite frequently. :P You can see it at the end of the second video.
No comments:
Post a Comment