I am really behind with pictures! In July we celebrated Mama's 94th birthday! We went over to Noni and Papa's for dinner, cake, and presents.
Among other things she got an adorable little ceramic dog that hangs on the edge of a flower pot.
I found her some cute ceramic birds at a gift shop when we were on our trip. We also got her two big bags of bird seed.
My birthday a few days later was very peaceful and relaxed...until I looked up and saw a giant black cloud. We later learned that someone had not properly put out a campfire and it started a huge and fast moving fire that ended up taking out an entire bay of cabins. I think only a few permanent homes were lost, but many of our friends lost their lake cabins. It was really sad. :'(
The sky looked like this for over a week. We were just on the edge of the evacuation zone, but thankfully the firefighters were able to keep it down at the river and it didn't come towards us or the town.
On my birthday the girls and I went to town for Sonic drinks and picked up Qdoba. We took it back to Noni and Papa's and had a nice evening eating outside on the deck. I think Lou took this picture. :)
And Noni took this one. T and the girls got me a bunch of sweet gifts including a watch that I've been wanting for a while!
At the beginning of June I was starting to worry that my little four inch high tomato plants weren't going to produce anything this year...I guess I shouldn't have worried. :P This was the second week of July.
Bug's best friend, A, came over one night and the four girls went for a walk. Then they apparently got tired because they asked T to come get them. :P He told us to jump in and we took his old pick up.
Peaches and Lou found this giant moth. They made a house for it out of a box. T looked it up and apparently they only live for about 24 hours!?! Sure enough it died and they were very sad and had to bury it under the tree. :P
Happy Thursday! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment