The girls were excited for our annual church camping trip! I let Peanut pick the dinner since it was her birthday and I got birthday plates and napkins and hung a sign to try to make it a little more festive. :)
She picked croissant sandwiches. She loves croissants.
After dinner they headed down to test the water of the lake.
Then they came back up and we sang happy birthday again and did cupcakes.
We also did smores because you can't go camping and not have smores! Even if you already have cupcakes. :P
Happy girl!
Boo bent down for a picture and Lou tried to lick her chin. We are trying to get her over the habit of licking us. :P
It's kind of hard to see but turkey walked through the campground as we were enjoying our treats!
I got the little ones in bed and then went back down to the pavilion where everyone was hanging out.
There were actually more families this year! Normally it's just us and S and J, but four other families joined this year!
We got our usual night of camping sleep - lots of wake ups. :P But the little ones were up bright and early the next morning. Everyone else was still asleep so after I took them out to go to the bathroom we went for a long walk all around the camp and then ended up down at the water. Peaches found a feather and stuck it in her hair.
This one said, "Take my picture!" And then proceeded to do this...
What a nut.
After breakfast they got in their swimsuits and hit the water!
Lou tried using her kayak as a paddleboard.
And lots of sand castles were built.
Lou and I went for a kayak ride down to the stick teepee. T took some pictures of us as we were coming back.
The main event of the day was boating! There were multiple boats this year so they did one for tubing, one for surfing, and the bigger boat they used as a swimming dock. Mr J is always so sweet to take them out tubing for hours!
The big girls went on the surfing boat (left).
I was back on shore reading and relaxing, but someone took this picture of Bug!
And she did it! Once they actually start surfing the rope goes slack and they can throw it back in the boat! Way to go Bug!
Hang loose!
I guess they didn't get any pictures of Boo or Peanut but they both got up as well! When they went out for a second time Peaches joined them and she got up too!
They said she actually did better than everyone! Bravo! Bravo!
And this last video is from the next day. I thought Lou would be too little to do it, but Mr. M helped her by doing a "beach start" because the little ones aren't strong enough to push the board down into the water to get up. They did it multiple times, and her best run was about ten seconds!
I'm so proud of all our girls for trying something new and hard and doing great! Way to go girls!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment