It seems crazy to me that we are old enough to have been married for 20 years but here we are! It sure did go fast. We went out to dinner with two of our friends to a nice steakhouse that we've been saying we were going to try for years. It was a wonderful evening!
We don't do anniversary presents but for our 20th I decided to do this generation's version of a mix-tape, haha. I put together an Instagram reel of pictures set to one of our favorite songs that puts us right back in T's little red Jetta driving down country roads with the windows all rolled down, sun roof open, and the heater blasting (because I've always been cold, haha). Instagram will let you upload 99 pictures which was hard to narrow down 20 (+9) years to but I did it. I won't upload all 99 here but I'll do the first few since they've never been posted on this blog.
Junior Banquet
Basketball star and Captain of the Cheer Squad...we're straight out of a Taylor Swift song...haha.
High School Graduation party
Junior year of college at a "Hoe Down"
Watching the fireworks on the 4th of July just a week before our wedding.
Wedding Day
Honeymoon to Antigua
Our first Christmas card and first "baby".
Auntie Nae's wedding
And getting the nursery ready for our first real baby!
Tiny Bug!
She's so cute!
Her first Halloween
And first Christmas
Love this one
50's family!
Baby #2!
Little Boo Bear!
Love these smiles.
Okay I could keep going for the other 80+, haha, but they are all on the blog from this point out. It was so fun to go through all our pictures and see how far we've come. What a beautiful life God has blessed us with. I am so thankful for 20 years and excited for the next 50!
Aw so sweet! Going through your photos was nostalgic for me as I was able to be there for the early years ;) I remember you invited me to your wedding but I was heavily pregnant at the time so I couldn't fly! It's been a blessing to watch your family grow and see how you're raising your daughters. You're godly parents who are doing a fantastic job raising the next generation to follow the Lord! God bless you!
ReplyDeleteLove these!
ReplyDeleteKaren