Thursday, January 27, 2022

Six!

Six years old!

 


Peaches has grown so much this year! She no longer looks like a preschooler...now she is a big kid. She has gotten a lot taller in the last few months. It's funny to think about the fact that today she is the same age that Boo was when she was born. 

One thing that hasn't changed is that Peaches is a BUSY girl! She always seems to be going and doing something. She is a morning person and our earliest (natural) riser. She wakes up earlier than the rest of us and is on the move. She loves to dance and run and twirl and just be moving!

Contrary to that statement, she is obsessed with technology and would love to sit on a screen all day if I would let her! I have to keep a tight rein on her computer use. I did purchase a Math and ELA computer program for her to use for Kindergarten and she loves to go through it each morning. Other than that I try to only allow her 1 hour in the late afternoon for computer time, but I often have to chase her off the computer at non regulated times. Haha. 

Other than her computer program we just do a little bit of reading and book work each day. Her reading has really taken off and she is good at basic math too. I am a firm believer in more of a play-based learning system at this age. We plan to enroll her in online school this fall for 1st grade.

She and Lou are the best of friends and do EVERYTHING together. They run around all day playing one thing or another. Every now and then I can tell they have had a little too much together time and I separate them, but it's not long before they are back together and playing happily. 

Peaches moved up to Sparkies this year in Awana and is doing great! She fits right in with the other kids and has a great time in her Kindergarten class. She seems to have no problem memorizing her verses and sometimes comes out to me (as secretary) with even more verses said that she practiced at home. She has lots of friends at church and is quick to include anyone new.

Peaches started ballet this year! A month or so into it she said she didn't want to do it anymore and I finally nailed down that the problem was she hated wearing the tights. Haha. Now that we have rectified that she is happy to go every week! She has several friends that she already knew in the class too so that helps!

Peaches piano continues to improve and I am so impressed with how well she is doing! It is fun to watch her play and she has done several offertorys at church with no problems!

She has really matured over the past year. She has learned to temper her emotions and she no longer seems to swing from such high highs to such deep lows. She is learning how to regulate herself and communicate her feelings. She has completely given up naps, although once in a blue moon she will fall asleep if we've had a busy couple of days. Thankfully she is very good about going right to bed when we turn off the lights at 8:30 so even though she gets up a little early she gets a full night's sleep.

Peaches has really gotten into Barbies lately. We moved the Barbie area and I can often find her in there. Calico Critters are still fun, but not quite as frequently played with as they use to be. That could be because the playroom gets really cold in the winter so it's not very comfortable in there. Legos are always a favorite. 

Peaches has really gotten into games in the past couple of months and is actually able to play them now without help. She especially loves to play Monopoly, Rumikub, Catan, and Trouble. She is an amazing puzzle worker and puts them together with ease! We have a big floor puzzle of the 50 states and she can put it together completely on her own! Speaking of which...Noni taught her all the states and she can play Stack the States on my phone with amazing accuracy!

One thing we need to work on is listening. She seems to have very selective hearing and "misses" quite a bit of instruction. Haha. One big event she is anxiously awaiting is her first lost tooth! So far there are no candidates, but she can't wait for that special day! 

Here is her birthday interview:

1. Favorite color: pink
2. Favorite toy: Do-do
3. Favorite fruit: apples
4. Favorite TV show: Tinkerbell (to my knowledge she has never seen a show called Tinkerbell, haha)
5. Favorite lunch: peanut butter and honey
6. Favorite outfit: Hmm. this! What I'm wearing.
7. Favorite game: Hmm. Monopoly
8. Favorite snack: goldfish
9. Favorite animal: Well I actually many other ones. I like zebras, horses. That's all I like. Zebras and Horses.
10. Favorite song: We Don't Talk About Bruno
11. Favorite book: Chicken Lily
12. Your best friend: Alissa, and Audrey and Gianna
13. Favorite Cereal: Peanut Butter Capn' Chrunch 
14. Favorite thing to do outside: Play with my friends
15. Favorite drink: Cherry slush (from Sonic)
16. Favorite holiday: That's a hard one! Hmm. I think it's Christmas. Wait actually, my birthday!
17. Favorite breakfast: Donuts 
18. What do you like to take to bed: Do-do,
19. What do you want to be when you grow up: Hmm. I want to be like a cupcake maker.
20. What do you want for your birthday dinner? Hmm. Birthday dinner? I just want...hmm...tacos!

 



 

Dear Peaches, 

 Happy birthday sweet girl! I love you!! You bring so much joy to our family! You light up any room you walk into and are always looking for fun. You are such a blessing. 

I love to watch you and Lou playing. She looks up to you so much and thinks you hung the moon. She wants to be just like you and you are definitely her best friend in the world! You are so sweet to include her in all your play, and I'm thankful for the special friendship that you have. 

It has been fun this year watching you turn into a big girl! You have grown and matured so much. I love watching you turn into the little lady God is preparing you to be. You learn more and more each day about His goodness and love and I know you will continue to do so. I can't wait to see what plans He has for you! 

Thank you for being you. You give the best hugs and have so much love for your family. You have a sensitive spirit and are empathic to anyone hurting. You always look for ways to help when someone gets hurt or sad. One of the moms as church came up to me and told me how sweet you were to help her little son when he was nervous about going to children's church without her. You have such a sweet spirit.

I love you more than I could ever say little girl. It is such a blessing watching you grow. I know this year will be just as much fun as the last! Happy Birthday! 

Love, Mommy


1 comment: