Thursday, September 10, 2020

Camping - Part 4

 Our second night was better than the first. We actually had a good chunk of sleep, until Lou woke up screaming at 4:30 and wouldn't stop. I brought her into bed with us, nursed her back to sleep and she was out until 7:30. I didn't get much sleep after that since I couldn't move and my arm was going numb. Lol. I took the big girls to the bathroom when everyone woke up and left her with Daddy so she threw a major fit. :{


 
It was supposed to get up to 100 so we packed up our campsite first thing while it was still cool (it only ended up being 87 when we left at 2 that afternoon, but as soon as we climbed out of the canyon it did hit 100). Thankfully it wasn't too hard to pack up and we had time for a late breakfast of pancakes and bacon before the church service. 
 
Here is the whole group...trying to social distance as much as possible. :)
 
 
The girls went up and helped lead a song. :)
 
 
 
Ms K did a great job with the music.
 
 
  
 
The younger ones played around while we sang.
 
 
Mr D had a great sermon for us! We changed into swimsuits afterwards and hit the lake again. 
 
Peanut and I got to go on a special nature walk, and it ended up being one of my favorite memories of the trip! We got to have a nice long talk and we found a bunch of moss to make a carpet for the teepee they had made.  It was a sweet one-on-one time with my newly turned 8 year old!

 
Here she is after she finished her moss rug. :)
 
 
 
 One of the fun things about the trip was all the tiny frogs the kids kept finding! Lou was not very gentle with them. I don't think she permanently damaged any but she was squishing them pretty good, poor guys.

 
But Peaches has got the gentle hands down!

 
It is impossible to keep shoes on Lou. She kicks/pulls them off within minutes of me putting them on. Ironically though, she loves shoes! She is constantly finding other peoples shoes and putting them on. She just won't wear her own. :P We were laughing because she found these boots and put them on backwards. She is scowling at Ms K laughing at her, haha.


 
We had a picnic lunch down by the water and enjoyed some good swim time.
 
 
Some of the teenagers found a huge log on the island and worked together to free it and use it as a kayak. Haha!

 
 
Speaking of kayaks...our friends let us borrow theirs for a spin around the island! T and I were just going to go, but the girls really wanted to come too so Peaches went with him and Peanut and Lou came with me. Bug and Boo and their friend F tried to go in the third, but it was too hard for them to all fit so they ended up not making it out of the swim area. We had fun on our quick trip though, and even though it wasn't more than 15 minutes my arms were sore the next day! 
 
 


  
 
We grabbed a quick family picture that morning before our friends left. I love camping! It is always so much work to make it happen, but I am always so thankful we made the effort! Wonderful new family memories!
 

 

1 comment: