Monday, September 7, 2020

Camping! - Part 1

 We got to go camping! For the first time in three years! I can hardly believe it's been that long, but our last few church camp outs have been cancelled due to fires. We are SO thankful that it hasn't been a bad fire year for the first time in years. It's been so nice to be able to breathe outside and have windows open. That's something I won't be taking for granted again after the last few years of literally weeks and weeks on end of smokey, stinky air. 

 Anyway, back to camping...I forgot how much fun it is! Our first camping trip as a family of 7 was a success! Of course we didn't get as much sleep as we would have liked, haha, but the fun we had was worth the trade off! 

T took off work early on Friday and we made it to the campground around 5:30. Peanut tried to keep Lou entertained while we set up our camp.

 
Right after I took these pictures and went back to help Lou climbed up on the picnic table, fell off, and knocked her front right tooth...the same tooth she'd tried to knock out a few days before. Two hits to the same tooth might have done it in...it's still looking a little grayish/purple. :(
 
  
 
This is actually the first time T and I have used our tent! Noni and Papa always use it for us and let the girls sleep in it if they want while we stay in the cabin, haha. The cabin wasn't open this year because of Covid and Noni and Papa weren't able to come for the same reason. :(
 
Our tent was awesome though! So easy to put up and it was really nice having the three separate rooms! 
 
 
Lou wanted to be carried around while I was trying to set things up. 
 

As a family of 7 we no longer fit in the pickup so we had to take both vehicles. Since we were taking both anyway I figured why not throw in a couple of twin mattresses? Haha! T, Boo, and I both had one. Boo and Lou (and her pack and play) were in the middle room.  Bug and Peanut shared the queen size air mattress and Peaches got a bed made of blankets.

 
Excited for camping!
 
  
 
It took us about an hour to get settled so everyone was pretty hungry. We took our food over to the pavilion and had dinner.
 
  
 
And of course we had to have smores! There were no campfires allowed because of fire danger so we used the griddle. 
 
 

 
We walked down to check out the lake before bed. The water was up super high this year! So much so that there really wasn't a beach and instead of being able to walk to the island it was completely submerged. We still had fun, but I definitely prefer the water lower so there's more sand/beach.
 
  
 
Ready for bed in our three bedroom castle. :)
 
  
 
I'm pretty sure we only got a few hours of sleep the first night. Bug talked in her sleep three times, Boo twice, the baby cried a couple of times, but thankfully it was brief. Peanut and Peaches were the only ones who slept hard and didn't make a peep.
 
Peaches woke up at about 6:45, about an hour earlier than usual, and of course she was anything but quiet so we were all up. :P Boo said, "Morning selfie Daddy!" 
 
  
 
So then he popped his head up for this goofy picture. :P
 
  
 
Our first full day there was also Peanut's 8th birthday!! So of course we had to start the morning with presents!
 
 
 
A mystery Barbie! 
 
 

Lots more pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment