Our AWANA Grand Prix was a huge success and a lot of fun! And I'm even more thankful because little did we know it was the last AWANA of the year. :( With the quarantine, the decision was made to cancel AWANA. The schools are supposed to go back on April 24th and our last AWANA was April 29th so they figured it wasn't worth it to come back for one night.
So it's a good thing we ended on a high note! Lots of parents came and most of the families ate our hot dog dinner.
Pastor S gave a short talk before the races started.
Cubbies were up first. Noni made the wise decision to give them all the same colored ribbon and it worked perfectly.
Peaches came and showed me her ribbon and was SO happy! "Look Mommy! I won!"
Later on the way home she was singing to herself, "Oh yeah. I won. Oh yeah. I'm the champ-eee-ON!" Haha!
This was Peanut's last year for a Hot Wheel. Next year she'll get to make her car!
Cutie pie.
There they go!
Boo made a tissue box this year! It was really cute!
Here she is handing it to the race master.
She has a competitive streak. :P
But thankfully she had a lot of fun with her friends even though she didn't win for speed.
She did win for design though! Good job Boo!
Buggy was bummed that she didn't win a ribbon. Especially when her design was so cute and she worked really hard on it! I loved it!
Daddy won a ribbon for design too. He did a cheese car. Very creative.
And his bumper stickers were hilarious.
He did "2nd mouse" for my favorite mouse quote, "The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." Haha! Love it.
The girls are still working on their verses and saying them to their leaders over the phone so that they can still get their awards. Peanut has been working towards her Sparky plaque for three years so to miss it by 5 weeks would be awful. Thankfully she should still be able to get it. I'll have to post some pictures when they do get their awards later. We'll miss AWANA!
No comments:
Post a Comment