I don't think I've mentioned on here that Peanut's cat Smokey ran away. :( We had decided not to get her fixed so we could have kittens, but then when the time came she disappeared. We hunted for her for hours and hours over the course of about two weeks, and finally came to the conclusion that she wasn't coming back. :( Peanut was so sad of course, but we told her we would get her another cat and get one for Peaches too.
We finally made it to the animal shelter in August. They were so nice and a sweet volunteer let the girls hold pretty much every kitten they had...which was about 20 kittens! Or maybe even 30. There were tons. This was the calmest, sweetest batch. The mottled black kitten got adopted right before ours, and the girls tried to talk me into getting the solid black one so it wouldn't be left behind. I almost caved, but figured it would be adopted soon enough since it was so sweet and calm.
Peanut picked the orange one and named it Carrots. Peaches picked the white one and didn't know what to name it. We gave her a bunch of suggestions and she landed on Peanut Butter. :)
Happy girls!
They were so sweet and let the girls hold them all the way home. I think they even fell asleep.
Thankfully they are great with kids because they were (and still are) treated like babies.
They are supposed to be barn cats, but the girls bring them in every day. One of their first days they set up this doll bunk bed and the kittens actually took a nap in it! Haha!
I took this cute picture and then promptly told them no cats on the piano. :P
Welcome to the family Carrots and Peanut Butter! We hope you will be with us for many many years to come!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment