I don't know if I should call them Soccer Saturdays or Crazy Saturdays! Thank goodness there are only 5! We have friends who's daughter is serious about soccer and spent all but two weekends the entire summer doing soccer games and tournaments. There is no way I could handle that! The only way I make it through is because it is a short season!
Every week I would have to plan the logistics to figure out how to get each girl to the place they were supposed to be at the time they were supposed to be there. All but one week that meant taking two cars to the city...and two weekends we had to enlist Noni to help get them where they needed to go!
I went to most of Buggy's games because Daddy had to go with Boo and Peaches since he was coaching most of their games. The younger kids had games on the North side of town which was 30 minutes from the big kids games in the Valley.
This day we ran over to the other side of town to catch Peanut's game. We missed Boo's. :(
Peanut is a really good little player! She didn't want to do soccer at first, but then when she learned her friends were doing it she got on board. :P
We had quite drastic weather. Our first Saturday it was pouring and the girls got soaked. This was one of the last Saturdays and it was actually 80 and HOT (for us, haha). We stayed in the shade while they were warming up.
I thought Peaches looked so cute in her little pigtails. :)
You can see her red cheeks...not used to warm weather!
Buggy was getting over a bad head cold this day and had very little energy. She played the first half and then her coach let her sit out the second half since they had enough players.
Buggy's field size is so big it's hard to even see the players!
I got to see Peanut play goalie this day. She stopped several goals and had a few good boots!
Their fields are much smaller and the coaches can be on the field during play. They also don't have refs.
We split off this day and I took the little ones. Peaches had spent Peanut's entire game playing chase with a little boy. She was wired and fell asleep, but about 30 seconds later Old Church Choir came on and she popped awake (right after I took this picture) and started singing loudly, "I got an old church choir singing IN MY SOUL!" It was too funny!
Of course she didn't fall asleep again until we were about five minutes away from home. :/ I left the car running and let them sleep for about 20 minutes with the air conditioner running but I was an hour over due to feed the baby and I knew she was going to wake up screaming any minute so I had to wake up Peaches and get her inside and watching a show so that I could feed the baby without the distraction hurricane. :P I was so happy that I actually managed to get her settled before the baby woke up, screaming as predicted. Haha.
The big girls had been dying to go to the nearby school play, and I was thinking about taking them but by the time Daddy got done with his errands we wouldn't have made it. He really didn't want to go, but sweetly took them straight there so that they made it. They ate pizza left over from lunch on the way. I didn't get lunch that day because by the time we were able to meet for lunch between games it was time for the baby to eat so he sat in the restaurant with the girls while I fed the baby in the car and then it was off and running to another game. :P
Another day playing goalie.
I only got to see 2 or 3 of Boo's games. :( One of my friends sent me these next two pictures because I was at Bug's game and T was coaching Peanut's game at the exact same time a couple of fields over.
This day I got to see Boo's game and this was after T took over coaching.
The weather was crazy this day...it sprinkled just a bit and then right when Boo's game began little pea sized hail started pelting down! You can see little white balls on the field if you look close.
Peanut's game was cold, but not wet.
The clouds started breaking up about halfway through.
You can see it wasn't warm though!
Despite the crazy schedules and run-run-running the girls love it and it's good for them to play a team sport! Nevertheless I'm glad another exhausting soccer season is finished! So are the little ones. :)
See you next year, Soccer!
No comments:
Post a Comment