Tuesday, July 10, 2018

VBS - Part 2

Peaches LOVED the VBS singing time! Every time the kids started singing she HAD to be up on that stage joining in! She was about a move behind on all the songs with hand motions (which was most , if not all of them), but she actually kept up pretty well!


Wednesday and Friday were my favorite snacks. Unfortunately this one was more time consuming than I bargained for, but Noni and then my friend K helped me get them prepped and out just a few minutes late to each class. How cute are these??


I volunteered to decorate the foyer and the hallway and had so much fun making it look ocean-ish!


I found this fun idea on Pinterest that was actually pretty easy! It was just blue tablecloths and black poster boards cut into shapes! The girls and I spent an hour cutting out the shapes and Noni helped me hang it up on our VBS decorating day the week before.


Jesus Rescues when you're "Goin' Fishing"


The girls got invited to go to the pool after VBS on Wednesday. I had to stay home with Peaches (it was during naptime) and was just about to text and find out when they were coming home when they finally came back. They swam for THREE hours straight! 

I think it was a little too much sun and excitement for Peanut. I let them have a sleepover together and they woke each other up at 6:45! Ugh. She said she wasn't feeling well and by the time it was time for VBS at 9 she was conked out on the couch! Thankfully Daddy was able to stay at the house until Noni was done with the missionary update at 9:30. Noni brought Peaches home and stayed with them that day. Poor girlie. She slept off an on that day, and was feeling well enough to attend the last day on Friday.


The week always goes so fast! Here was my other favorite snack...Bear Chillin' on the Beach! It was chocolate pudding with crushed cookie "sand". A little beach towel (rainbow colored AirHead), a Teddy Graham, and a beach ball. I had told the girls I needed to find little umbrellas, and Boo spotted them at the Dollar Store of all places! Score! I thought they were so cute!


Noni got these pictures of the girls putting the last of their money in the "Girls" jar.


Aunt Karen also donated some money so the girls got to put that in too. They were SO excited!


Noni had all the kids pray for the G family and the people of Russia. It was SO sweet!

  

And...the girls WON! By over $300! The goal was 3 tents and 10 sleeping bags and we exceeded that by about $400! Noni had told a story about how they were trying to figure out how to build a playground for the many many kids that run around their neighborhood village so we voted to put the extra money toward that! 


Go girls!


Peaches was laying on the floor eating goldfish at one point that day. Haha.


One last set of songs!


And the traditional end-of-VBS BBQ.


Whew! It's always a crazy, busy week, but also so much fun!

1 comment: