After we got home from Kenzie's birthday party, the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we got out the Santa hats, made hot chocolate, and started decking the halls!
Peaches was looking so cute I just had to get a picture of her sitting on the couch "reading". :)
And then Peanut wanted in on the camera action. :)
Peaches was actually old enough to help with the tree this year! We gave her all non-breakables and she did a great job getting the ornaments on the tree!
She was quite pleased with herself. :)
Kisses for Pooh!
The big girls are pros at decorating and I think I only hung a few ornaments. They decked that tree out and did a nice job spacing everything.
"Look!"
Daddy only did a few too. He was mostly in charge of getting them out of the box before the little ones did. :)
Ever since we put the tree up I find ornaments all over. Peaches loves taking them off and putting them back on...or leaving them on the floor. Whichever one comes first. :P
Picture time!
Rudolph!
We had to forego the tradition of Daddy picking up all of them to put the star on. There's just too many, and they're getting too big! Haha! Instead Peanut got to do the honors.
Our nice big tree (that I got for $10 at a garage sale!) is too tall for the ceiling so we have to leave the top off. Next year ("if the good Lord's willin' and the creek don't rise") we will be in the farmhouse and able to put the top on with our 9 foot ceilings!
We actually managed to make it through the decorating without breaking a single ornament! Of course, a few days later I was holding one with Bug's handprint from when she was 2 or 3 and Peaches knocked it out of my hand shattering it on the ground. Ugh. I was upset at first, but got over it pretty quick. Can't take it with me to heaven right? ;) The only thing I can bring with me is these precious little souls so I'm choosing to focus on doing everything I can to make sure that happens!
We hope you are enjoying this season of advent as we prepare for the celebration of Jesus' birth!
No comments:
Post a Comment