Monday, September 11, 2017

Eclipse

So apparently I need to research things a little better...I hyped the eclipse up WAY too much to the girls. I honestly thought it would get mostly dark since we were so close to the totality path. In hindsight we really should have gone to visit the cousins in Oregon that weekend instead of our visit a few weeks later. Oh well. It only happens every few decades right?? :P 

The night before the eclipse Daddy made viewing boxes with the girls.


And the day of we went with some friends to an eclipse party that one of the local schools was throwing.


From church the day before...


After reading all the stories about people going blind in previous eclipses I was super careful to have the girls wear sunglasses under the eclipse glasses and only look for 10 seconds at a time.


Love the expression!



Thankfully there was a fun playground there or the whole thing would have been a big bust. 


The girls thought the sun looked cool but after it was over they were like, "That's it?" And honestly I was thinking the same thing! I really thought it would get dark! To be fair it did get dark-er. It was a weird dark...not quite like sunset or sunrise. It was pretty eerie.


Peaches had a ball on the playground equipment. She went down the slide about 20 times with Bug and a couple of times all by herself!


The school's PTA did a great job and had fun snacks: Capri-SUNS, Eclipse gum, Sun Chips, and a bunch of sugar cookies frosted in the different phases of the eclipse.


Queen of the jungle gym!


Even though our expectations were way too high (there's a lesson in there, right? ;) we still had fun and it was cool to see. 


And if it ever happens again we're totally taking a trip to the totality zone! :)

1 comment:

  1. If we had still lived in Nebraska, we would have been in the totality zone. :( Although from our friends there, there were tons of tourists there.

    ReplyDelete