Monday, August 8, 2016

Little Fishies!

I accidentally posted some of these pictures the other day without writing anything. Whoops. Anyway...

The lady we usually do swim lessons with didn't do it this year so we went back to the town pool. They do a good job too, but instead of one hour sessions for one week they are half hour sessions for two weeks. I much prefer the former because even though with the latter they are only half hour lessons...by the time we get ready, go there, have the lesson, and come home it's already lunch time and half your day is gone. That's not too bad, but with a schedule like that two weeks of summer is gone in a snap. Boooo. I'm not ready for school to start yet. :P 

Bug and Boo were both put in Level 2 swim lessons. Later I realized Bug really should have been in level 3 but oh well. Saved us an extra half hour spent at the pool. 


Our good friend broke his leg the other day. For a business man that wouldn't be too big of a deal, but he is a farmer! With harvest starting in a matter of days you can imagine that it was a huge scramble to figure out what to do! I was happy to find something practical to do to help them...I was able to pick up their daughter for swim lessons almost every day since she was in Peanut's class. 

They were little angels at the pool! They sat coloring, talking, or reading books while waiting for their class. Not a single problem!


Cutie Peanut!


The little ones had a ton of fun at their classes. Everything was exciting to them. :)


 The big ones were a little less enthused as they just wanted to play in the water and not be made to work on their form.


 But they did have some fun too. :)


Peaches was also a little angel at the pool! She only got about 30-45 minutes of sleep each day as I rocked and walked around with her, but she wasn't crabby about missing 2/3rds of her nap each day.


Sweet girls!


Noni was in Texas with Aunt Karen so we had to take a few pictures to send to her!


"This is fun!"

 

Jumping into the pool was the reward for being good during class.


Peanut actually regressed in this area though. At the hotel last month she was jumping to us from the side, but she was so little and cute that the teachers would hold her hands so she could jump in. After that she refused to jump without someone there to hold her hands.


Happy girls!


After the first week I thought it might be helpful to have Grandma over so Peaches could stay home and get a good morning nap. I think Peaches was pretty pleased with that arrangement. :)


On Wednesday we were invited to a picnic after swim lessons so Grandma and Peaches came with us.


Our friend S's grandma bought us lunch from the new restaurant and also brought fruit, homemade cookies, drinks, all the paper products and even a tablecloth! So sweet! The kids loved it!


I had to feed the baby and we were going to head home but the grandmas offered to let the kids play at the park and then take them to the pool. They stayed at the pool for three and half hours!!! They had the time of their lives!

Part of the way through the week Daddy had a meeting at night so Grandma and I took the girls to dinner and Walmart to buy things for Bug's upcoming week at camp. They had their swimsuits on for $5! I usually don't buy their swimsuits because they are cheaper quality and don't hold up, but for $5 I figured they could go ahead and ruin them!


The last day of swim lessons they got to play games and have FUN!


Sweet Buggy and "her" baby. :)

  

I love how much the girls love their sister!

  

The kids got certificates and all four of them passed their swim levels! They also got Popsicles! Fun!


Whew! It was a busy, but fun two weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Buggy and Boo's haircuts look so cute - and grown up. Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the cutest captures of Bug and Peaches!

    ReplyDelete