Saturday, August 6, 2016

Down to the River

The other day we got invited to a baptism! Nothing better than a baptism down in the river! Love it! This was one extra special because T led this boy to Christ in AWANA several years ago. We have known this family since they moved here.

People who know me know that I am not a crier but I got tears in my eyes watching this sweet teenager proclaim his faith in front of everyone watching. I felt like the Lord was truly speaking to my heart saying, "Keep an eye on this young man. I am going to do amazing things through him!" So awesome.


We didn't know it was a potluck, but they invited to stay and have dinner with their church family. That was another cool thing. This was not our church. In fact it was a different denomination, but more and more I am seeing that God doesn't care about denominations and all our little rules. He can use whoever has an open and humble heart for him. The names on our churches are just names. As long as we recognize that Jesus is the son of God, that He died and rose again to pay for our sins, and we confess Him as Lord we are all brothers and sisters in Christ. Lutheran, Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Evangelical: those are all just labels. With Christ in our hearts we are all one family. Love it.


After the dinner the kids all headed for the sand and water!


 Mud monster!


The girls wanted to swim out to the dock and jump off with their friends. The lake was up so much higher than the last time we were there!


Peaches was being her usual charming little self.



Cutie pie.


What a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment