Wednesday, February 10, 2016

First Days

Yay! I'm born!


Our first days were spent getting lots of baby snuggles!


Grandma and Grandpa came over after church and finally got to hold E. Peanut was making them laugh. :)




Bug remembered me pumping bottles for Peanut and begged me to make one for E so she could feed her.



Peanut's turn.


Boo was at dance class when they fed her so I made her a bottle the next day too.


Noni has been a HUGE help! Such a blessing! Cleaning, doing laundry, making meals, dishes, and most of all helping with the girls. SOOO nice to have her here!




The favorite thing to do is pick out E's clothes. They've been taking turns every day. Boo wanted a picture of the bird on the booty of the pants she picked out.




She loves to suck on her fist!


Sleepy little owl!


BIG sister!


I think we have another thumb sucker on our hands!




We are doing surprisingly well! I know a lot of people have been praying for us, and I can definitely feel it! This is the fastest I've ever recovered from a birth...I was hardly even sore and didn't even have to take any pain killers past the first couple of days. The fibroid pain was gone within 24 hours of delivery and I haven't felt so much as a twinge from it.

The only thing holding us back from a blissful transition is feeding. It's always difficult for me to get started nursing. This time has been better but still pretty painful. It's already getting better though so that is a major improvement over any other time. It usually takes a good 6 weeks to get the hang of it, but it seems like we are on track for it to be a lot less this time.

E has also settled into a schedule faster than any of our others. The first 5 days she woke three times a night to eat and then went right back to sleep each time. On day 6 she only woke up two times and has ever since. She sleeps great at night! During the day I have to wake her up at every feeding to keep her on a 3 hour schedule...and even then she is only getting 7 feedings a day instead of the recommended 8, but she is doing great! 

The girls have done great with the transition as well. E has fit into our family perfectly! The newborn stage is always hard with broken sleep and heightened emotions, but I would say that we are doing great this time around! Thanks so much for the prayers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment