Thursday, April 16, 2015

Leftover Thursday

Cocoa has her little space with her bed, food, and access to the doggie door but not the house. In the mornings I let her in and try keep her in until lunch. The time she remains in the house depends entirely on how many items she chews up. Usually after cleaning up several broken/ruined items I get fed up and kick her out. This particular morning my limit was the price of one headband, one bunny eraser, and one brown crayon.

acocoa

T and I went to “Clue” at the local civic theater with some friends the other night. It was pretty cute with the game board as the stage. We sat in the “library”.

aplay

When we first came in the weapons were scattered around. On our playbill was the actual game card. We had to keep track of the clues as they were presented and figure out who did it by the end of the play! It was Mrs. White, in the kitchen, with the candlestick. :) And the cool thing was that three audience members drew the cards at the beginning so each play has a different outcome depending on the night.

aplay1

I am in the process of getting Boo registered for K12 kindergarten so we had to go to the doctor for a checkup and booster shots, again bringing up the whole shot debate. :( At this point, though, they’ve had all the rest so I figure we better just keep going. I think she only needs one more set in junior high.

boo

I had been preparing her for a couple of weeks, but she’s definitely not our toughest cookie so I was expecting quite a few tears. I was SHOCKED when she hardly even grimaced at not one, but THREE pokes! She slowly and calmly counted to ten like we’d practiced while they poked her and didn’t even say, “ouch”!

I couldn’t believe it! I know Noni was praying for her and we had prayed together several times that she would be brave and not hurt too bad, and those prayers were answered with a resounding YES! I was so proud of her for being so brave! The nurses and her doctor couldn’t believe it either and everyone praised her lavishly!

We walked across the parking lot and into the hospital where Bug and Peanut were waiting in Daddy’s office and then we went down to the cafeteria and got Boo a BIG cup of ice cream. :)

boo1

What a big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment